alarm led not flashing

Trevor Locke

Stockton on Tees
Reaction score
any idea's what would stop the led from flashing even though the alarm works ok??? tried a new led off ebay and still not flashing

well the alarm works, so thought it could nt be a fuse! sat in the car with the door locked and after 30 seconds or so, i moved around and the indicaors flashed but also had no siren, so
i know the alarm is active

I don't know then ha but knowing it'll be something simple, it's just finding the culprit...

Around 18 months ago my alarm LED just stopped working. Lincoln Audi did a fault check - nothing showed. A new LED was tried, but no joy. They came to the conclusion that an earth wire must be broken somewhere, but it would mean removing the dash to find out where. Not cost effective, so I accepted it not working. Weirdly though, a short time later, it started working again, and has been fine since.
Go figure !

well the alarm works, so thought it could nt be a fuse! sat in the car with the door locked and after 30 seconds or so, i moved around and the indicaors flashed but also had no siren, so
i know the alarm is active
The siren should go off. Sounds like you have more than just the LED fault.
I would get it scanned with VCDS as that will shed a bit more light on it.
I have had faults with the alarm horn, it is in the drivers wheel arch up by the side repeater. It has its own NIMH battery in it (in case the main car battery is removed), in mine, the battery simply wasn't holding charge as it was 11 years old. I replaced it and problems went away.