A3 barely turning over when coming to a stop

a3oms

Reaction score
Hi All

I've got an issue with my A3 1.8t quattro where when im driving along and i come to a drop it, the car feels like its about to cut out. the engine is barely turning over and if i have the headlights on then the lights start to flicker as if the car is about to stall.

I've had the car taken in to local garage and they've replaced the cold start sensor last month and this seemed to have the issue, but then today the same thing started happening again.

Also i've notice that the oil temperature doesnt reach 90C. today while driving home it dropped down to just under 70C

the engine management light isnt on either so im not sure what the issue

can anyone advise on this?

sorry forgot to mention that its starting fine and when im driving its absolutely fine, just when i come to stop at a junction etc that the issue occurs

Also i've notice that the oil temperature doesnt reach 90C. today while driving home it dropped down to just under 70C

the engine management light isnt on either so im not sure what the issue

can anyone advise on this?

Do you mean Engine temp ? If so its probably a faulty coolant temp sensor.

I would probably still get the car scanned for fault codes as a code might have registered but not thrown the CEL. Could be anything from a dodgey MAF to boost leaks.

Yea I've got it booked in again for Monday. It's really annoying as I have to keep revving when stopped otherwise the car starts stuttering