Audi A6 Suspected CCM Issue.

WestOfTheBorder

Reaction score
Hello All,

After many days of going through the Internet trying to find a solution to the problem that I'm having I have decided to make my own thread and see if anyone can help me out.

The Car:
Audi A6 All Road 2.5 V6 TDI. 2001
**NOTE** Left Hand Drive

The problem:
So a few weeks back I came back to my car after spending some time away from home to find that there was too little battery in the car to start it. I thought nothing of it and had another car to jump start mine. After jumping my car and giving it some time to warm up. I noticed that none of the Windows would go up or down, the central locking would lock but then cause the alarm to go off (Only sometimes though), sunroof and the Interior lights were not working. Everything else is working perfectly. Heated Seats. Boot Interior light and I'm not sure about the middle one as the bulb went in it some time ago.

I did some research and this is common when water gets in under that reservoir under the battery. Which I had already had an issue with before and cleared it out. This is now dry and no more water is building up here.

So I proceeded to take up the Driver Side carpet (Which is correct in a Left Hand Drive as the electrics have the same layout). Once I had taken this up I found that the black box that I've seen houses this CCM (Convenience Control Module) was empty and no evidence of any wiring had every been there by looking at the body work. However my car is still soaking wet underneath the drivers carpet and I'm currently in the process of drying it out.

My question is there another place that these CCMs are installed other then directly under the drivers floor? I've set a heater on it for the past 2 hours and once I had reconnected the battery, the car proceeded to lock only once with the lights flashing back at me.

I should also mention that this particular Audi has a *005 chassis number and double glazing. Recaro Leather Seats and a Bose Sound System.

I have a diagnostic cable and software which I have already tried once to attempt to clear the errors.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Oh something else. I have also tried the passenger side to only find the Automatic Transmission control box in the same type box that I found on the drivers side. That side was immaculate and hadn't suffered any water damage.