today I fitted this

vr6gordy

Reaction score
So so easy only took an hour

Reactions: ruffrida
Turbo inlet pipe.. Need to find a red hose kit now

No heat shield? What kit did you get? Finally what size is the Secondary air pipe for the little breather?

Tip is from tt racing on rant and the breather came with the air filter kit

Have you got a link from where you bought the top and how much was it please

Nice one cheers, been meaning to get a new one for mine for over a year now. Could probably do with one now I've got 145k on the original

Not been out with it fitted yet but should help with air flow as there are no ridges

I'm not so sure as you don't have a cold air feed, or a heat shield so it will just be sucking hot air in.

Didn't have time to fit the heat sheild fitting it tomorrow

Yeah you really need the heat shield with it being situated straight above the turbo on these. Are you going to fit a cold air feed too?

I bought with heat shield. I bought it purely remove some clutter in the engine bay.

hest shield made fit it tomorrow

Last edited:
looks like the same as mine , the k & n kit comes with all the bits needed ....although ive just managed to get a different enclosed heat shield off ebay for mine ....sounds better I can tell you that for sure ! ....although mine has been mapped and has no backboxes

Pulls loads better now with the new intake pipe on Also tidied up my hid kit
on my head lights by moving boxes inside the light unit

Hi vr6gordy, did you notice a difference in the 'pull' as you mention? As apparently it has been proven that there is 0 bhp gain from an after market intake for 1.8t A4. Saloon and Cabriolet a-like.
A Pipercross air filter is all whats required as mentioned by a couple of guys on here. Any opinions?
The engine bay is looking tidy :)

It's diesels that don't benefit from a performance air filter drstrange.
If done properly you will get more airflow, and a slight performance gain from one on a 1.8t

Done a bit more trying today.. Moved the carbon pump so it's out of sight

Will do it tomorrow .. If you want more space you buy a a u bend pipe then place the filter the other way on

One more question what size is the neck of the Sai filter. Does the filter fit inside the sai pipe or goes over it?

All picks are top down so can't see. I believe it's 25mm and goes over the sai pipe.