Carwow gobsmacker

I made the same mistake with my A3, ordered the car then registered to the forum so ended up paying £25k for a £25.5k car (free paint) although i did get £2k more trade in. Lesson learned though, did it right when i ordered the S3 and made sure i got mono.pur so i wasn't left suicidal :)

Si.

Reactions: J4MMYz
local dealer offered me 3% off, I then tried carwow.....went back to local dealer = just under 10.5% then came off ;) Saw the same spec car as mine on sale USED for £700 more than I'd just bought a new one for :D

That's the other thing of course. Trade-in. If you are trading-in a good car you can quite often get a reasonably discount on the new car, 9% in my case and also an above book trade-in price for the existing car, especially in the case of an Audi dealer if it's a previous Audi and even more so if they sold the car in the first place and it's been serviced by them from new.

I used carwow recently to see what sort of price they would give on a new Polo that my wife has been looking at. Most dealers came in just over £1,000 less than the OTR price plus a further £1,000 dealer contribution which all VW dealers seem to be offering at the moment. The last time she changed Huntingdon Audi managed to match the Polo price with an Audi A1 so perhaps they will be able to do the same again.

I've had no help what so ever, I like my work so I accept overtime etc and worked my butt off this year to do it, but hey like I care what people think. Cheers for the support, don't think I'll post here much anymore as clearly some people aren't as nice as I thought they were! Oh well
Be a shame if you left ASN buddy IMHO

Some of the more experienced members should, in all honesty, know better. ASN is a Forum where we all share like minded things Audi (well some of us do!)

Stick with us mate!

Reactions: David83S1, ruddocksp, Dazzeroo and 3 others
All is not lost:

I rang Amy, told her the offers and she sounded quite gobsmacked as well, I mentioned Huntingdon Audi which is also Vindis would offer 2k discount, I asked is there anything she could do and she said yes she will get back to me on it, so heres to hoping.

Maybe they will inherit the deal at Huntingdon, or make their own, who knows. Any money off would be acceptable, and I told her that if I do get a discount I won't be bothered about the low price for my car that they want to give me. We shall see...

Thats a brilliant result mate, let us know what the outcome is in the end :thumbs up:

What do you mean by that?

Apologies, it was meant as a light hearted joke, nothing else.

Sorry :(

edit:

Just to be clear, I liked your sig, and like your meme's. :)

I was quietly chucking at the Rich Boy photo in Dat *** thread, thinking that it would be lost on most people in here :)

Last edited:
Always worth a question. My folks ordered a new Tiguan and effectively paid the list price. When I found out I got a price from Drive the Deal which was £2900 cheaper. I took the quote to the dealer and got them £2500 off the price a couple of weeks before delivery. "If you don't ask you don't get"!..

Reactions: David83S1
I've had no help what so ever, I like my work so I accept overtime etc and worked my butt off this year to do it, but hey like I care what people think. Cheers for the support, don't think I'll post here much anymore as clearly some people aren't as nice as I thought they were! Oh well

Ignore the old farts! You can literally press the 'ignore' button if you click on their profile. We've all made mistakes at 21, I've certainly made many and wasted a lot of money - I'm 28 now and still making choices I regret but you live and learn.

Even if you don't get a discount you're still getting a great car and will be worth it. I was driving around in a beaten up Skoda Fabia at 21, so you've done we'll for yourself and I'm sure you'll have many other cars where you'll get a great discount from now on.

Ignore those who are being harsh.
I wouldnt have known about car wow if it wasnt for this forum. And i only came to this forum to pass time until i was ready to order the car, so i was lucky.

Hopefuly they will knok of some money and make sure u ask for some freebees, especialy free servicing.

Ive had nice cars past 4 years since i was 19 and evryone asumed it was "parent funding" and not the fact ive been working my a$$ of since i was 16. Who cares.

Dont be put off the forum- it will help with the long wait until your car arrives!

Reactions: GRE57Y, Dazzeroo and RYuill
All these young un's working their rear ends off... no wonder us older chaps can't make any extra cash down the docks!

Reactions: J4MMYz and Dazzeroo
Stick with the forum. It's the BEST source of information and help for Audi's available on the internet.

Reactions: Dazzeroo and RYuill
Can you use car wow, car file and still take the car on PCP?

Can you use car wow, car file and still take the car on PCP?
Yep. Coventry audi gave me a pcp quote on car wow. I took this to my two local audis. They came close to matching it. (Few hundred £ off)

Reactions: RYuill
Still in the process of waiting for an answer, with some peoples comments I'm hoping it'd be good news... i'm thinking she will try to match the 2k from Huntingdon Audi as Northampton & Huntingdon are both Vindis, but heres to hoping because if I got 2k off the car that'd be beyond what I ever thought. (exactly why I'm not holding my breath)

"If you don't ask you don't get"!..
100% with you on that, I bought a pair of on ear headphones on Friday from Richer sounds for £49.95 they were advertising a free pair of in ear phones worth £30 on purchases OVER £50. I said am I missing out for the sake of 5p? The guy looked at the boss and between them they decided to let me have the free pair ;)

Reactions: DommyR and RYuill
Dude im 21 and just ordered my S3 (payed for by myself!!!!!). I know the feeling, although I'm pretty assertive (Bolshy) I always take my dad with me and you tend to get less **** that way.

edit:; and yes I got a good deal on my car.

Reactions: naughts4187 and Dtwm1
Come on lads, a jokes a joke.

****** kids my age, can't take a joke. :D

Haha at 21 I was like a dog with 2 d!cks working my butt off and if I'd known then what I know now about PCP's etc I'd have bought much better cars. At that age I blew a small fortune on buying outright - modding the hell out of them and then selling for much less than I paid for them. Lesson learnt I suppose but I had a very good time doing it. £5k for an Astra GTE - £17k modding it and then getting about £6k back for it !

Enjoy your disposable/ free cash why you can lads - mortgages, monsters and wedding rings cost much more than car payments :D

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Psyman79, DommyR and 2 others
I wished I could have afforded all this in my twenties. It's taken me until 36 to be in a position to get my first new car. Regardless of age, if you can afford it, you ****** well enjoy it :D

Reactions: Dazzeroo, RedTurtle and Psyman79
A deal can be had if your willing to work for it!! No matter who the dealer is. I have ordered my S3 from Northampton Audi and I got a £34325 car for £30150 ! I went through all the carwow / orangewheels process and none came close to Northampton Audi. I beleive i got a great deal and cannot wait to start enjoying it :)

Reactions: Dazzeroo and RYuill
Jimmy, please stick around, we need some young blood on here. I for one wouldn't like to see you leave ASN.

Steve

I am also 21, work and spend most of my life travelling across the entire country, I see no reason why us "young" people can't have nice cars if we work for them! I'm paying every single penny for mine and if its an automatic assumption that there are "trust funds" and "bank of mummy and daddy" then maybe some of the relatively older people here are a little jealous and maybe they are wondering how and what we do to get to where we are???

I put off ordering mine due to thinking about what the older guys at work would think rolling up in brand new car being a show off etc etc.... then I got to a point and said to myself you know what it'll be one of the few times in my life where I can afford to buy a new car - f**k everyone and what they think!

Jimmy, please stick around, we need some young blood on here. I for one wouldn't like to see you leave ASN.

Steve

definitely feels like we are in the minority never seem to get any response or replies!

Last edited:
Reactions: DommyR
A deal can be had if your willing to work for it!! No matter who the dealer is. I have ordered my S3 from Northampton Audi and I got a £34325 car for £30150 ! I went through all the carwow / orangewheels process and none came close to Northampton Audi. I beleive i got a great deal and cannot wait to start enjoying it :)

Interesting, I wanted to get my S3 through Northampton Audi as I had my test drive there etc, but in the end they couldn't match the CarWow deal from Coventry...

I am also 21, work and spend most of my life travelling across the entire country, I see no reason why us "young" people can't have nice cars if we work for them! I'm paying every single penny for mine and if its an automatic assumption that there are "trust funds" and "bank of mummy and daddy" then maybe some of the relatively older people here are a little jealous and maybe they are wondering how and what we do to get to where we are???

I put off ordering mine due to thinking about what the older guys at work would think rolling up in brand new car being a show off etc etc.... then I got to a point and said to myself you know what it'll be one of the few times in my life where I can afford to buy a new car - f**k everyone and what they think!

definitely feels like we are in the minority never seem to get any response or replies!

I'm 31 and still have folk asking how I can afford an S3.

If you earn good cash why not treat yourself to nice things.

Reactions: DommyR, David83S1 and Dazzeroo
What's the point in dying the richest person in the graveyard? If you can afford it have nice things now regardless of your age....you may be dead this time next year! Someone else will soon spend the money you leave them.

My parents know of people who scrimped and saved all their lives and never went anywhere or had anything, now because they have over a certain amount of money in the bank they have to pay all the fees for care homes themselves, where others in the same home are getting it for free!

Enjoy your money now....then look forward to free care homes lol :D

Reactions: J4MMYz, DommyR, buz and 2 others
What's the point in dying the richest person in the graveyard? If you can afford it have nice things now regardless of your age....you may be dead this time next year! Someone else will soon spend the money you leave them.

My parents know of people who scrimped and saved all their lives and never went anywhere or had anything, now because they have over a certain amount of money in the bank they have to pay all the fees for care homes themselves, where others in the same home are getting it for free!

Haha I couldn't agree more, but you also have to be careful with your money especially if you have dependents, and who knows if you will still be in a job next year?

Be wise with your money but don't be afraid to spend it either

Although nothing to do with cars, I agree in some ways, but I am in the situation of sorting out a care home for my 97 year old mother. She does not have a lot of cash but does own a bungalow worth around £400,000. The great advantage of having that money available can be summed up in one word CHOICE. The care home you will be placed in if you have no money to pay for it yourself with be a Local Authority care home and having seen a few of them recently they are not a place I would want my mother to be. The home she is in a great and she is comfortable and extremely well looked But it does cost around £45,000 a year.

If you own a property and can use that to pay for a care home that is OK but otherwise you need to have plenty of savings. For all other things like continuing to enjoy new Audi's for example, you need to have a good pension when you retire. I know because that is the position I am in being 67 and I retired when I was 60. Make sure you don't leave starting a pension until it's too late. I started paying mine when I was 20 and it was the best decision I ever made, apart from marrying my wife!!

Reactions: elpaulio
Has anyone gone back and "asked for more" on carwow? My missus is looking for a car and has had three offers on there. The car she's been looking at is about 16.5k list though some dealers have a special offer on at 15k at the minute. The offers coming in on carwow are all around 14.8k which whilst a lot better than the "list price", are still only just below the special offer price that we can get elsewhere.
Is there scope for going back ad haggling or do these tend to literally be the "best prices" the dealer can offer?

Has anyone gone back and "asked for more" on carwow? My missus is looking for a car and has had three offers on there. The car she's been looking at is about 16.5k list though some dealers have a special offer on at 15k at the minute. The offers coming in on carwow are all around 14.8k which whilst a lot better than the "list price", are still only just below the special offer price that we can get elsewhere.
Is there scope for going back ad haggling or do these tend to literally be the "best prices" the dealer can offer?
If yo don't ask you don't get

Will be interesting if you decide too

Carfile seem to very competitive at the moment too :thumbs up:

I have been thinking about swapping my glacier white hatch for a sepang saloon. Put all the info into carwow and carfile and have been offered savings up to 4k. So I can get the saloon with all the extras I wish I had got on my current S3 for only 1k more.

My current car is only 8 month old and on PCP as I like to change every couple of year. Do you think it would be possible to swap so early into the agreement???

Me to. 31.. Guilty as charged!

Reactions: RYuill
My current car is only 8 month old and on PCP as I like to change every couple of year. Do you think it would be possible to swap so early into the agreement???
'Course you can, but I have a feeling its going to cost you, dearly unfortunately me thinks :(

Speak to whoever you have the car financed with & get a settlement figure and work from there

well 14.8k divided by 16.5k is 8.969% off, most dealerships work to 14% as their allowance for haggling etc etc that's what I was told when I asked, based upon that I'd say more haggle room to be had and plus its near Christmas so car buying is likely to be at its lowest all year!ring round 10 or so dealerships and one of them is bound to have a desperate salesperson you'll know when they keep ringing you back often!

I have been thinking about swapping my glacier white hatch for a sepang saloon. Put all the info into carwow and carfile and have been offered savings up to 4k. So I can get the saloon with all the extras I wish I had got on my current S3 for only 1k more.

My current car is only 8 month old and on PCP so as I like to change every couple of year. Do you think it would be possible to swap so early into the agreement???

depends on how much deposit you put down! and how much finance is outstanding against the car at this time if you were to trade it in. say it drops £5k you put 2k deposit in and your monthly payments mean you've only "paid off" 2K you'll be needing to put in 1K to settle. however if you put in a massive deposit like 25% or so you'll probably be even or have "overpaid".

Last edited:
'Course you can, but I have a feeling its going to cost you, dearly unfortunately me thinks :(

Speak to whoever you have the car financed with & get a settlement figure and work from there

I do love my 3dr but squeezing the 3 kids in the back is a pain. And I do love the look of rabit222's with the 20" BBS

Update:

Still waiting, she's off sick apparently. Heard nothing back though, i'll ring her again tomorrow.

I'm off to Nothampton Audi later today to sign the paperwork. Looking for 5% off so basically sunroof and a few other options thrown in. Solihull listers never returned my call would have gone to Coventry but went to Northampton VW to look at a golf then swung past the Audi dealership who seemed pretty helpful.

Did you get the 5% off?

Hi Jammz, no the sales manager wouldn't budge more than £1100 discount but I've still got my p/x to sort out in March so we didn't completely close the deal down. After 2 1/2 hours there with my little lad he was very unsettled so we had to leave - think they were short staffed. I'll go in armed with car wow quotes when it comes to closing the deal and signing the finance paperwork.

Hi Jammz, no the sales manager wouldn't budge more than £1100 discount but I've still got my p/x to sort out in March so we didn't completely close the deal down. After 2 1/2 hours there with my little lad he was very unsettled so we had to leave - think they were short staffed. I'll go in armed with car wow quotes when it comes to closing the deal and signing the finance paperwork.

Great sounds like they are royal tight a***s

I'll see what happens when I phone her when I get home from work in an hour or so

Reactions: Rob2k68