Re mapping garages - suggestions please?

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
i recently started a thread asking for advice on my next mod for my car, I didn't get much feed back so made my own mind up to go for a re map and dpf delete ( for my track day car obviously ;)).

Looking for suggestions of garages reasonably local to rugby (junction 1, M6), top of my list so far is r-tech power in Hinckley (£580 for full custom rolling road map and DPF delete) as they have really good reviews/ recommendations.

Any other recomendations welcome thanks.

This would be for 2.0tdi (170 hp) if it makes a difference to opinions

Jamsport in northampton isnt too far away, im not sure what else is near rugby?

Thanks will google them. Have you used them yourself?

My vote goes to R-tech.
Excelent service, great approach, lots of ideas,advice and very friendly.
Nick and the lads done a great job on my old A3.
Too bad they're rolling road can't deal with the quattros so i have to go look elswhere.
regardless of this R/R issue I still strongly recommend them ;)

For a stage 1 map a R/R isn't really necessary, but it's your personal choice.

£580 sounds like a hell of a lot to me... I had my first A4 TDI mapped by R-Tech and they did provide a good service, but for that price I'd look elsewhere.

Had mine mapped by Nick from Tuned n Styled. He's mobile but has a link with a garage who can do the DPF work, they're in Nottingham/Derby so not too far from you. From memory it was about half the price you've been quoted and I've had no problems with the map two years down the line.

I had a quick look/call around on the 1st few remap places I could find on google, £500 seems to be about the going rate...

For DPF delete + re map
R-Tech £580
Avon Tuning £500
Angel tuning £649
Back in 2008 Evolve were giving a “massive” discounts on a remap on this forum for £350!!! not even sure if that includes dpf delete?

I’ve also seen tuning boxes that cost north of £300! (also on this forum)

Is the £580 for dpf delete & custom rolling road remap really a bad deal?

I may have to widen my search to get a better price but it needs to be with a highly recommended company that deals with Audi's on a regular basis as I don't fancy a generic remap from a one size fits all company.

This makes a mockery of my thread but I am tempted by the 4-5 hour round trip to Avon Tuning as they seem to be the only guys that can fix the common smoky exhaust lumpy idle timing issues.

I paid £600 for a DPF/ EGR delete and remap on my car. The DPF is a bit of a pain to get off unlike some cars where it's an easy unbolt and the remap involved several hours of tuning so I was very happy to pay that and very happy with the results.
Done by Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments in Stockport. I know they are not local to Rugby about 115 miles but it's all motorway.
He is a forum sponsor and is worth asking for a price, he does a very good job and several people on the forum have used him.

Karl.

Thanks Karl, I was more than happy with R-Tech but the seed of doubt regarding price has been sewn so was hoping others like you could re assure me I wasn't being ripped off.

Just spoke to a few other garages in mean time, seems that these £250 remaps are simply predefined plug in upload and send you on your way types. No thank you!!!

We can offer a Remap and DPF delete package for £340 unfortunately we dont have a rolling road present but its defo some thing for the fututre. i would recommend R-tech highly for petrol Tuning i.e 1.8T and TFSI tuning

Reactions: unitzero
Not happy at all, I had committed to getting a remap but.....
Thanks to some complete f***wit who decided to do a hit and run on my car. Need to re-spray front bumper & may aswell fit RS4 front grille whilst im there.
:sob::mad::wtf:

Thanks for all your input people :)