Trouble with rear wiper remove.

PaddyH

Reaction score
As per the Haynes manual I take the cap off and sprayer jet piece then loosen the nut.

Now it says slightly twist the arm left and right and pull. It's not budging I want to know if the rubber part comes out with pulling or not?

I can't seem to upload pictures from my phone.

WD40 and plenty of it. Make a cuppa while you're waiting for it release.

The splines will have rusted slightly so it'll need some help. Another thing that will help is to fold the arm up (so that it's not on the window) - this changes the angle on the splines.

HTH

Usually its the limescale that locks the spline up, you really need a wiper puller tbh or you could crack your screen, I used to use wd40 & even cola, but the puller is far simpler/easier & cost very little from ebay.

As per the Haynes manual I take the cap off and sprayer jet piece then loosen the nut.

Now it says slightly twist the arm left and right and pull. It's not budging I want to know if the rubber part comes out with pulling or not?

I can't seem to upload pictures from my phone.

You need one of these

Reactions: doctor46goat
I loosened the top night and the three holding the pump on and jiggled it out more or less. Get a plastic trim remover or something that isn't going to break glass and use to pry it off from the outside. Do it one side at a time and tease it off carefully.

Mine came off no bother.

Thanks for all your help. I will apply plenty of WD and I will get a puller, as recommended it will come in use. Doogie you mentioned unscrewing the jet nuts? I didn't realise these had to be realised also. Or is this something that aids.

It helped me a little bit although I found mine to come off very easily with very little force..

It might help you... loosen the pump and try and tease it with the rubber grommet on the window being mindful not too be too aggressive as you don't want to smash the glass...

But to play it safe, i'd recommend the puller that others have linked on ebay.. safest way to do it if it is properly stuck.

I just drilled a small hole through it easy peasy

another option is still use the wd 40 & loosen the nut for the arm about half way but dont take it off. then get a pair of mole grips on the underside of the arm and the arm fixing nut and use the jaws to apply pressure just like the special tools without the cost.