Brake pad help for track.

Biggeeman

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for some pad advice track oriented only.

After a good track day my rears had at least 10mm in the morning have now vanished metal on metal on way home, don't know make of them.
Fronts were diamond x street/race new done the bed in procedure which had good reviews..
Pish they were actually on Fire dude ran over with a Fire extinguisher luckily they put themselves out last 2 sessions I think they were glazed no bite or slowing down at all! Even on way home was a struggle so there getting binned £70 quid aswell.
So looking for advice from track guys with what way pads Yous are running front and rear thanks

Rears do very little Ferodo DS2500's for the fronts are good albeit a wee bit dusty

DS2500's are absolute dog **** for track, they barely pass as acceptable road pads with 323 GT Juniors let alone track work.

DS3000's as a minimum, Motul RBF660 brake fluid (and even then you'll still need to bleed after every track day) and lots of brake cooling.

What discs and calipers?

DS2500's are absolute dog **** for track, they barely pass as acceptable road pads with 323 GT Juniors let alone track work.

DS3000's as a minimum, Motul RBF660 brake fluid (and even then you'll still need to bleed after every track day) and lots of brake cooling.

What discs and calipers?

Standard disc and calipers
Ate super blue fluid, lever tbh had been great all day really strong no fade.
I'm gona run cooling pipes onto the disc take fogs out or something.

Super Blue is also rubbish. It's better than standard "old" fluid, but I've already managed to boil the Super Blue I flushed with the other day within 5 minutes of road driving. (I was trying to boil it).

You'll want to upgrade to LCR Brembo's; 312's are truly terrible in any format. I'm not just being negative for fun I promise, braking confidence is probably the one thing I love about my car. KNOWING that it's going to stop, and ****** well, when I ask it too.

You can see the way the speed drops in this video at the braking point to the chicane at Donington -

There's just no way you could repetitively knock 100km/h off your speed that quickly with any 312mm disc single piston sliding caliper arrangement on an S3.

The minimum requirements for a fast S3 on track is LCR brembo's/GT Juniors, decent discs, DS3000's and Motul 660 fluid with lots of brake cooling.

I cannot even contemplate how slow I would have been without the braking confidence of the setup I have.

You'll get back £100/150 for your current setup, a set of DS3000's is £150 from Bill and a used LCR setup is only £300 these days. You really won't regret it I promise. As I found, after boiling my EVERY session at Donington...

lol Jardo I must have been using different varieties for the trackdays I did

Reactions: 16Klappe
lol Jardo I must have been using different varieties for the trackdays I did

driving-miss-daisy-3.jpg

I use 2500s and have never had brake fade, but if it's for track work only, then I'd go with 3000s as Jardo suggests. Why did he manage to boil his brake fluid? Because RacecaR forward is RacecaR backwards. :D

Where's the ban button when you need it.

on
Super Blue is also rubbish. It's better than standard "old" fluid, but I've already managed to boil the Super Blue I flushed with the other day within 5 minutes of road driving. (I was trying to boil it).

You'll want to upgrade to LCR Brembo's; 312's are truly terrible in any format. I'm not just being negative for fun I promise, braking confidence is probably the one thing I love about my car. KNOWING that it's going to stop, and ****** well, when I ask it too.

You can see the way the speed drops in this video at the braking point to the chicane at Donington -

There's just no way you could repetitively knock 100km/h off your speed that quickly with any 312mm disc single piston sliding caliper arrangement on an S3.

The minimum requirements for a fast S3 on track is LCR brembo's/GT Juniors, decent discs, DS3000's and Motul 660 fluid with lots of brake cooling.

I cannot even contemplate how slow I would have been without the braking confidence of the setup I have.

You'll get back £100/150 for your current setup, a set of DS3000's is £150 from Bill and a used LCR setup is only £300 these days. You really won't regret it I promise. As I found, after boiling my EVERY session at Donington...

ok thanks for informative reply! theres no way I could have stopped as quick as you in the vid.

so with the lcr brembos do I require a different discs?size wise
what about the rear cheap brembo pads do the trick?

id rather spend more on brakes than anything else at the mo as I was losing megatime through it,
quite surprised I was the only s3 that showed up today 8l and 8p models.

You hardly ever see S3's out and about.

Have a read of the brake thread in the stickies, LOADS of info in there :salute:

You hardly ever see S3's out and about.

Have a read of the brake thread in the stickies, LOADS of info in there :salute:

ok ill have a look not got a clue what stickies is lol
but thanks a lot for your help and everyone else.

It's the bit at the top of the threads in the 8L section.

for my daily driven S3, I recently purchased ds2500 pads and super blue fluid. I must say, it is a HUGE improvement over stock, but I would want larger brakes if I was going to track as Klappe said above.

My other car has 6 pot front and 4 pot rear brembos and it stops in half the distance. If you're serious about tracking you'd be mad not to upgrade to a big brake kit

Spoil sport haha.

I love that I know what your car is, and you've trusted me with this information.

Thanks.

hahaha
i was at that corner when you did that and it wasnt due to pushing hard it was your line!
your left rear wheel coming off of the dry line onto the wet and causing that little moment!!

ds3000 for hardcore trackslags lime me and jardo
ds2500 for hardcore track girls like jo and jason!

:whistle2:

for my daily driven S3, I recently purchased ds2500 pads and super blue fluid. I must say, it is a HUGE improvement over stock, but I would want larger brakes if I was going to track as Klappe said above.

My other car has 6 pot front and 4 pot rear brembos and it stops in half the distance. If you're serious about tracking you'd be mad not to upgrade to a big brake kit

Hi that's great cheers for the reply.

What other big brakes can be fitted
I know brembo lcr what about porshce r32 other audi rs6 etc does anyone know offhand thanks.

lcr brembos
porsche boxster s fronts
996 carrera fronts
996 turbo fronts
dont get any rears
tbh mate get lcr brakes
rbf660
and ds3000 pads
its awesome
ds2500 and superblue may be fine but for the price difference why not make sure it will be

What discs and calipers?

Got to agree.

I basically ****** a set of these on a trackday,exactly as DaveB predicted.

Swapped over to Mintex 1155s with much better results....also as DaveB predicted.

But it is a daily driver,and I know some would recommend something more aggressive for a lot of track use.

Last edited:
hahaha
i was at that corner when you did that and it wasnt due to pushing hard it was your line!
your left rear wheel coming off of the dry line onto the wet and causing that little moment!!
My line was fine it was the speed that had the tyres screaming,the movement was due to me turning the wheel opposite lock or I would have carried on turning probably binning it rear first into the wall.
No ds2500's on mine

Reactions: S3Alex
My line was fine it was the speed that had the tyres screaming,the movement was due to me turning the wheel opposite lock or I would have carried on turning probably binning it rear first into the wall.
No ds2500's on mine

i saw your rear left tyre throwing up mist as you did this
back slid and you caught it
not a bad thing surely?

im not being nasty to the guy!
but he 100% definately hit the wet!!!!!

anyway jo give me a chance what exactly will you be coming for me in!!?? ;)

lcr brembos
porsche boxster s fronts
996 carrera fronts
996 turbo fronts
dont get any rears
tbh mate get lcr brakes
rbf660
and ds3000 pads
its awesome
ds2500 and superblue may be fine but for the price difference why not make sure it will be

okay dokey thanks will the lcr brakes retain the s3 standard brake disc size?

no you will use the entire lcr kit
323mm disc!
its a great kit that with the right set up will be more than most will need

no you will use the entire lcr kit
323mm disc!
its a great kit that with the right set up will be more than most will need

right ok cheers am guessing this is all a direct replacement bolt on kit don't need
brackets and stuff.
thanks again for the info save a car getting smashed up with rage lol.

Just buy a full leon cupra r setup, discs, calipers, carriers, pads, lines.

All bolts straight up.

Use the ds 2500 pads, they work well with the heat and have less brake fade when your on the track, either that or yellow stuff just for the track and change when not on the track