Quick question. Should there be a bolt in this?

Machine212

Reaction score
Think its on the gear box. Another bolt towards the front of the car was loose, looked as though it was holding the same part together. Am i missing a bolt here?
Ef3KRu1.jpg

Sorry about how close the picture is, Couldnt get any further back since i was under the car.

Looks like one of the two (or three?) large gearbox to lower engine/sump bolts (if its the mount in the upper center part of your picture) and yes there should be a bolt in there. Not sure if its M10 or M12 but take a look on the parts sticky under gearbox/transmission, the mounting bolts are not in the engine section of the parts list.

Steve

Thanks, thought that would be the case since there's thread in the hole. Just been looking on the parts database for about 15mins and cant make out what part it is. Ill have another look later, cheers!

You need to clean up all of that oil........ It will be working as a lubrication along with the vibrations which is why your bolts are working loose and falling right out!

Once it's clean, you really wanna be checking to see where all that oils coming from too

Yep that's my next task. I'm pretty sure its coming from the rocker cover down the back of the engine. The bottom of the turbo is coated in it but the oil feed is clean. The leak isn't as bad as it looks, its just a build up of a long time, there isn't a single spot of oil on my garage floor.

Just a quick reply to finish this thread off, the bolt is a M10 x 50mm. Incase anyone needs one in the future. Pet hate when searching forums is finding the exact question you're asking and its just blank at the end :p

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick, S3 Hilife and A3-Lee