Hopeful New S3 Owner ** Advice Please**

Today I finally got to drive an S3.
It was quite an experience when I drive a corsa daily :highly amused:
I'm sold on them. Had a look round a few garages round the northwest. sadly didn't find anything.
But the search has started :D

Reactions: S3Alex and JJ10
I'm sold on them. Had a look round a few garages round the northwest. sadly didn't find anything.

What was wrong with the spec on the one you drove?

Takes time to find exactly what you want,but it's more than worth it,if you intend to keep the car for a while.

Bucket seats are a must,and then all of the usual service history etc etc,and if it's been mapped,make sure it has more regular servicing,and that it's been done by someone well known and sensible.

What was wrong with the spec on the one you drove?
Didnt have buckets, preface and was black. I was so suprised how aggresive the boost is.

Takes time to find exactly what you want,but it's more than worth it,if you intend to keep the car for a while.

Bucket seats are a must,and then all of the usual service history etc etc,and if it's been mapped,make sure it has more regular servicing,and that it's been done by someone well known and sensible.

Deffinetly agree. Would probably rather find a standard one thats untouched.

Reactions: JJ10
Didnt have buckets, preface and was black. I was so suprised how aggresive the boost is.

Deffinetly agree. Would probably rather find a standard one thats untouched.

I think the impression of boost coming in depends very much on what you're used to,but coming from a normally aspirated car,it will always feel like you're suddenly being pushed down the road.

Another point is that a mapped car will feel significantly more aggressive on boost than a stock one,and that's something you'll need to look out for when finding the right car.
I'd have nothing against buying a modified car,as long as I knew the history,had the right servicing,and knew the tuner's reputation,but if any of those things don't fit,walk away.

Many of us with heavily modified cars treat the thing like our family(or better perhaps),but some don't.

I think the impression of boost coming in depends very much on what you're used to,but coming from a normally aspirated car,it will always feel like you're suddenly being pushed down the road.

Another point is that a mapped car will feel significantly more aggressive on boost than a stock one,and that's something you'll need to look out for when finding the right car.
I'd have nothing against buying a modified car,as long as I knew the history,had the right servicing,and knew the tuner's reputation,but if any of those things don't fit,walk away.

Many of us with heavily modified cars treat the thing like our family(or better perhaps),but some don't.

Yeah im sure i sound silly as i do drive an N/A. But comparing it to the Astra VXR i drove a few months back it feels much faster.

Same goes with me, i would buy modded as long as everything matched up and all done by a reputable company.

Just for everyone's info this is what i went out in yesterday.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../usedcars/postcode/ll535el/model/s3?logcode=p

Although i went fr a nosey to a garage called brownroyd motors in heywood and there showroom was the bomb!
I would like to buy from there as the cars were so well maintained and all the examples had full wheel refurbs and all been mchine polished before being put on the market.

Yeah im sure i sound silly as i do drive an N/A. But comparing it to the Astra VXR i drove a few months back it feels much faster.

Same goes with me, i would buy modded as long as everything matched up and all done by a reputable company.

Just for everyone's info this is what i went out in yesterday.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406285377474/sort/locasc/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new/quicksearch/true/page/1/make/audi/radius/1500/usedcars/postcode/ll535el/model/s3?logcode=p

Although i went fr a nosey to a garage called brownroyd motors in heywood and there showroom was the bomb!
I would like to buy from there as the cars were so well maintained and all the examples had full wheel refurbs and all been mchine polished before being put on the market.

Not at all.....every car feels different.

The initial throttle response on a N/a car is usually faster,but the feeling when a turbo car hits the boost is very different.
Mine for instance,will feel a bit lazy compared to a stock S3 below 3500rpm,and completely the opposite above that.

Don't be too drawn in by a good bit of valeting.....it does catch the eye,and a clean showroom is all very well,but it's the bits you don't always see that make the car.

Not at all.....every car feels different.

The initial throttle response on a N/a car is usually faster,but the feeling when a turbo car hits the boost is very different.
Mine for instance,will feel a bit lazy compared to a stock S3 below 3500rpm,and completely the opposite above that.

Don't be too drawn in by a good bit of valeting.....it does catch the eye,and a clean showroom is all very well,but it's the bits you don't always see that make the car.

All i know is it hit the boost made a cool noise and I liked it :p Although where I "tested" one i wouldn't buy from there as the guy constantly encouraged me to put my foot down without warming the car up etc.

Yeah i get you, i'm not saying i would be easily led but the general feel of the place i would happily go back there to look for the right one :)
Left my details at a few garages with the spec i'm after to so hopefully before long I will be back out.

Reactions: S3Alex
All i know is it hit the boost made a cool noise and I liked it :p Although where I "tested" one i wouldn't buy from there as the guy constantly encouraged me to put my foot down without warming the car up etc.

Yeah i get you, i'm not saying i would be easily led but the general feel of the place i would happily go back there to look for the right one :)
Left my details at a few garages with the spec i'm after to so hopefully before long I will be back out.

Good plan.

My son's busy looking for a good spec MX5 right now,and he's done just the same....looked at a few,driven a few,got the feel of the car,and then put the feelers out with a number of garages and waiting for the right one to pop up.

There are some good cars out there,just a matter of getting the right one.

Good plan.

My son's busy looking for a good spec MX5 right now,and he's done just the same....looked at a few,driven a few,got the feel of the car,and then put the feelers out with a number of garages and waiting for the right one to pop up.

There are some good cars out there,just a matter of getting the right one.

I think you have to have a god tyre kick from time to time as bad as that sounds. We've all been there.

I've put this up on a few forums.
Ill slip this up on here to :)

Hi all

The time has come to move on from my Corsa.
Some of you may know I've been wanting an Audi S3 for some time now.
Today I drove one and it's definitely for me. The problem is finding one.

I've been looking around but i doubt im checking everywhere I could be and the spec I want is rather difficult to come buy.
To enable me to boost my chances of finding one soon im after a helping hand.

Its pretty simple
  • I have a budget of £16k (will stretch a few extra pound if necessary
  • I want an Audi S3 facelift model (2008 onwards)
  • Has to be either Blue, Yellow or Orange
  • Has to have Recaro RS4 seats (see here http://www.gtspirit.com/wp-content/u...1265149804.jpg )
  • Mileage around 60k
  • Most importantly from a garage not private sale, this can be anywhere within the UK.
Now the prizes.
  1. £20 if you find me a car under £14k and I buy it.
  2. £15 if you find me a car under £15k and I buy it.
  3. £10 if you find me a car under £16k and I buy it.
  4. £5 if I buy a car over £16k and I buy it.
Cash will be paid via paypal, Good luck all

Good luck finding a good condition face-lift with bucket seats for £16k, the seats alone go for £2k+ on their own.

I wouldn't just settle for a face lift model, unless you have you heart set on one, you can get a lot more for your money with pre face lift, you'll be surprised.

Still will keep my eye out as I am always browsing the the ads.

Good luck finding a good condition face-lift with bucket seats for £16k, the seats alone go for £2k+ on their own.

I wouldn't just settle for a face lift model, unless you have you heart set on one, you can get a lot more for your money with pre face lift, you'll be surprised.

Still will keep my eye out as I am always browsing the the ads.

I agree its a pretty tall order.
It has to be a facelift for me ;)

If it takes me a while it will mean i can spend a bit more :) ive seen one or two advertised at about 16.8k so there is hope :)

Thanks man

Why not private? S3's are normally bought by people who like them for what they are and not just because its a snobbery audi badge which makes people feel good about themselves knowing they drive an audi.

S3's are generally better looked after than the usual A3's

Why not private? S3's are normally bought by people who like them for what they are and not just because its a snobbery audi badge which makes people feel good about themselves knowing they drive an audi.

S3's are generally better looked after than the usual A3's
My main reason is i will have a warranty and hopefully someone to go back to if there is a problem soon after purchasing. I can appreciate generally they will be muxh better looked after.
One here with buckets for £16k so it is possible they are around. Just a matter of sorting out what colour and spec you're looking for and then searching hard.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...e/audi/radius/1501/postcode/ts170ne?logcode=p

Looks good and it is possible :) shame about the color :p specs a few posts up :)

Last edited: