Cruise retro fit attempt, now got flashing brake light, abs, all lights lit!

M9RC

Reaction score
I bought the parts (steering control module and cruise switch) to retro fit cruise control, and last night attempted to fit and code it all with the help of another forum member. When trying to code/recalibrate the steering angle sensor it would not remember the new code and left me with a flashing brake light, abs light, traction control light and also airbag light.

We put the original control module back and tried to set it all back to the original state to no avail. The steering angle sensor has thrown a wobbly and will not recalibrate, we originally thought there was a compatibility issue between control module and slip ring. On comparing the readings from my steering values to his, mine stayed at -2.5 without any change despite moving the steering wheel unlike his, indicating a steering angle sensor issue. 5 hours later and I now have a car with every warning light lit and no idea what to do. The current sensor is part number 8E0 953 541E, do I have to replace like for like (only ones on ebay with this number are over £300) others ending D are £35.

Now starting to wish I hadn't even bothered to try and retrofit. Any suggestions would be appreciated or recommendations for somebody in the north west to sort it out would be welcomed.

Thanks I'll have a look.

Just watched the coding video, I was enterring 09455 it should be 09355. Would that give me no indication of steering angle change?

Jimmy you're a legend. Had a watch of those videos and all is now sorted. It was all to do with an incorrect login. Thanks for that video link, I would have got fleeced at a garage to sort all of that out.

Reactions: Sandra
Jimmy you're a legend. Had a watch of those videos and all is now sorted. It was all to do with an incorrect login. Thanks for that video link, I would have got fleeced at a garage to sort all of that out.

Good to hear you all sorted out now. :) x

Reactions: M9RC
Thanks as well must go to AlexGSI, for his time and most of all patience.

No worries mate, and sorry for the late reply. I was half way home from Scotland when I posted them vids, so I've only just checked up on the thread.