Exhaust tips solid in crud

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
Tried fine wire wool and metal polish but only just managed to get a slight glimpse of metal on the rim, they seem to be caked in carbon or something that doesn't want to come off.
What's the best route of cleaning? Remove and a take a dremel to them? Just concerned I'm going to have to scrub so hard I'll end up scuffing the valence..

I used a cut up cotton shirt and it did do the trick,I do think it maybe depends on how long before its had a clean but mine came up gleaming

Try using an old toothbrush and some WD40 that's what I used when I first got my car and the tailpipe were covered in crap

I had the same problem on my S5 ,do one tip at the time i soaked a rag in petrol and dabbed it on and left it dwell for a bit ,then fine wire wool with Solvol Autosol followed by Solvol on a rag and each time remove as jason suggested [shoe shine method] its hard going but it worked for me.

IMG_0729_zps54724f1b.jpg

IMG_0735_zpsf52c38d0.jpg

IMG_0741_zps09b87c7a.jpg

P1000199_zps2f2a39f2.jpg

Reactions: T-800, voorhees, razza1 and 1 other person
Looks just like it, great result you got there! How long did it take to get tennis elbow, I mean clean tips :)

About 1.5 hrs its the worst job I've done on the car,they are welded on the S5 so i couldn't remove them and the diffuser has sharp edges .

that's why iv got black tips

Reactions: voorhees
I always change to black tips

but I don't wash my cars no time I leave that in good hands tho.

mine aint oem there powder coated and look just black not dirty

Easy get a mate with a Dremmel S3 tips never looked so good...... job jobbed LOL!!!!!! :yahoo:

****** him off a bit then when and bought a milltek :box: