BW 37, 38, 39, 40

Challinor you are messing with my mind. So maybe mine is closer than I thought too. Sort of expecting them to turn up at the dealer on the same transporter :) but knowing my luck mine probably missed the boat!

(Awaiting your next update tomorrow with bated breath) ;)

Last edited:
Oooh the Emden shows on vesselfinder as heading for Sheerness, eta 1900 tomorrow.

Also, the dealer said today that number plates have to be screwed on not stuck on - as sticking on is an MOT failure. First I have heard of this. Anyone know?

Complete bo**ocks! Stick-on number plates are the norm in most garages and have nothing to do with MOT.

My dealer was Bolton so not a million miles away from Crewe and came from Grimsby. When speaking to my dealer as part of the delivery contract they have to have the car from the port to the dealer within 5 days although I'm not sure if the contract is with Audi UK or dealership groups.

Challinor you are messing with my mind. So maybe mine is closer than I thought too. Sort of expecting them to turn up at the dealer on the same transporter :) but knowing my luck mine probably missed the boat!

(Awaiting your next update tomorrow with bated breath) ;)

I was thinking of yours as well Paul, they should arrive at the same time yes I presume.

I was surprised but I'm probably getting exited for nothing and it's still in Germany, or is it? #ihopeitsintheuk

My dealer was Bolton so not a million miles away from Crewe and came from Grimsby. When speaking to my dealer as part of the delivery contract they have to have the car from the port to the dealer within 5 days although I'm not sure if the contract is with Audi UK or dealership groups.

Thanks for info, I was told by a friend that mine will also go to Grimsby, I presume all of Crewe's cars come from there.

Each port must serve certain parts of UK, Midlands, North, etc

You can easily find out which port (Emden or UK) its at, just ask Dealer or CS for the Production Code.

Reactions: The Challinor
Hmm if Crewe/Northwest is only served by Grimsby then the vessel Emden isn't for us as its on way to Sheerness. Last visit to Grimsby from Emden was the weekend, vessel Viking Constanza. Not been able find next boat scheduled for Grimsby (yet). So either our cars are already in UK or waiting at Emden docks for a boat.

Don't tell The Challinor that, we will have to put him on suicide watch.

Think he is on his way to Grimsby with a blanket to make sure no one sees the colour of his car ;)

Lol, just had an update to say car has arrived at dealers! Being checked over, registered etc.. Just that important phone call of when to collect! It's mind blowing how slow it feels! :(

Hmm if Crewe/Northwest is only served by Grimsby then the vessel Emden isn't for us as its on way to Sheerness. Last visit to Grimsby from Emden was the weekend, vessel Viking Constanza. Not been able find next boat scheduled for Grimsby (yet). So either our cars are already in UK or waiting at Emden docks for a boat.

Better not be in Germany, called into Crewe as was over that way working and my sales guy is off today. Called CS but don't have my order number ( don't think it's on any documents I have! ). They are going to call Crewe and then call me back with a update.

Asked someone else while there and they said it should be in the UK with him sending that email yesterday.

Update, a new boat 'African Highway' has taken up position where 'Emden' was docked. African Highway shows as having been to Sheerness recently. Where are all the Grimsby boats? :(

Update, a new boat 'African Highway' has taken up position where 'Emden' was docked. African Highway shows as having been to Sheerness recently. Where are all the Grimsby boats? :(

Crushing news for me and probably you.

Car is in Emden, been there 6 days. After 10 days it goes to priority but can sit there for up to 15 days. Audi CS called me back within the hour but was working so only just picked up the message.

It's definitely going to Grimsby, get searching and tracking Paul!

Mate, the average wait time at Emden is 15 days, can be 20 !!!

African Highway is in port though, it might get loaded onto that .... that's a big 'un

edit: Sorry, African Highway departed Emden this morning. Or was due to? It's showing as moored. Might get on then!

Last edited:
Doh :(, will update when I find the boat but looks like it could be days. Hoping the African Highway is ours but destination doesn't update until it departs.

Veeeight, according to vesselfinder AH is still at Emden? Ha, missed ur update below.

Last edited:
African Highway last port was Grimsby, so there is a good chance.

Mine came in on African Highway back in April.

Pink-Q7-Southampton-Large.jpg

OMG OMG OMG, African Highway on vesselfinder - status says 'Sailing to: GBGSY' which is Grimsby. It doesn't say when, but when it gets underway we're looking good (hopefully) :)

Update again - ETA is 8/Oct 20:00 :) :) :) so must be sailing soon.

Update again - leaving port now, ETA 8/Oct 16:25.

Last edited:
You need to get a Code 39 (Loaded on Ship) from the dealer / Audi CS to see if it's on board

Then Code 40 (Vehicle Landed)

Then Code 60 (Dispatched to Retailer)

If it's Code 38 (or 36), it's still in Emden.

Reactions: pauly69
You need to get a Code 39 (Loaded on Ship) from the dealer / Audi CS to see if it's on board

Then Code 40 (Vehicle Landed)

Then Code 60 (Dispatched to Retailer)

If it's Code 38 (or 36), it's still in Emden.

Mine was code 39 yesterday when I spoke to the dealer. Had been in Emden for 1 week.
Now I'm getting excited!! It must be on African Highway (mustn't it??)

Just showed the map on the iPad to my wife. Apparently I'm pathetic and it won't get here any quicker!!

Yes - I know. Aren't we all. I didn't find this forum until my car was already on order. Not sure how I could have managed without it!!!

Reactions: Martinbanshee
I've been very good and not spilled the beans on your Exclusivity !!!

(But I'm always open to bribes)

OMG OMG OMG, African Highway on vesselfinder - status says 'Sailing to: GBGSY' which is Grimsby. It doesn't say when, but when it gets underway we're looking good (hopefully) :)

Update again - ETA is 8/Oct 20:00 :) :) :) so must be sailing soon.

Update again - leaving port now, ETA 8/Oct 16:25.

How has the ETA been reduced by 3 hours and 45 minutes, It leave early?

I got over excited last time so I'm tempted to say as there is a boat every few days our cars may not be on this one.

How has the ETA been reduced by 3 hours and 45 minutes, It leave early?

I got over excited last time so I'm tempted to say as there is a boat every few days our cars may not be on this one.

Think I caught it just as it was being updated, so 2000 was probably the plan before it left.
Good call though, if we assume our cars aren't on it maybe the gods will surprise us ;)

I guess it's all in the status. My dealer said loaded on the ship yesterday, so I think it's a good bet.

Can you give your dealer a call this morning and ask what the status is? Needs to be code 39. Or Audi CS.

Isn't it much more fun to guess? Or be in suspense? ;)

Mind you, your loved ones around you and your mates will find you totally unbearable this week. :)