BW 37, 38, 39, 40

Just heard that my car is in Grimsby :), so was definitely on the African Highway.
For you guys on here that missed the boat on Tuesday, looks like AH is on its way back to Emden - due this evening.

Also confirmed as arrived in Grimsby yesterday :)

Now, where's the car transporter lorry tracker?

Reactions: The Challinor
Dangerous game - you'll probably pass it on the other side of the M62 ;)

The manner in which they drive the cars off the boat and into the compound would distress you

I think you BW40 guys are quite lucky to get your cars to UK so quickly?
I was thinking mine was quite quick - seeing as how it's come from Hungary (BW38). Actually it was built right at the end of week 38.

Delivery mode is a bit of a myth, it's only the suspension transport blocks that stop them taking speed bumps at speed !

The manner in which they drive the cars off the boat and into the compound would distress you
Sure I mentioned this before & got shot down for it ... ;):D

Reactions: veeeight
Just got an email from the dealer to say my S3 is in the UK now..

I've gone from a mid December delivery to early November delivery to hopefully mid October delivery.

Just got an email from the dealer to say my S3 is in the UK now..

I've gone from a mid December delivery to early November delivery to hopefully mid October delivery.
Nice one Martin :thumbs up:

Oh & nice colour & model choice too ;):D

REALLY looking foreword to pics of this one :thumbs up:

Don't worry they'll be plenty of pics, inside and out.

Obviously of most interest to everyone will be the Misano Red paintwork, the fastest colour

woohoo..

Attachments

• IMG_6250.PNG
    IMG_6250.PNG
    163.8 KB · Views: 243
I think Aberdeen are one of the better dealers. Some previous emails from Aberdeen Audi....

Attachments

• IMG_6252.PNG
    IMG_6252.PNG
    168 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_6251.PNG
    IMG_6251.PNG
    234 KB · Views: 228
I know, in reality they're a nightmare sometimes just like the rest but I'm in a good mood today

Where you thinking of having the gekko badge?

I'm sure some companies will apply for you but should be fairly straight forward really.

I have a small S3 sized badge with gecko so thinking of placing opposite side to s3 badge on the boot. Quattro White in the rear window or perhaps lower half of rear bumper and the rings on the lower side panels but all that might be overkill.. I just wish they would do the Quattro sig on the front grill like the RS models now, customer RS6 in our car park looks good with it.

Have found a company that do bespoke number plates and they say they may be able to add the gecko as well. Having them scan the car once here as they do not have current 8v on their design books yet so offering half price plates for the privilege of using my car. Great looking plates if you look at www.fourdot.co.uk. Might go for the martini racing finish etc.

Dat S5!! :jester:

I dare not imagine what they do when getting them off ships and so on, though I did see a VW staff member bring a brand new Gti to the front, .... not good.

Reactions: GlynRS2
I have a small S3 sized badge with gecko so thinking of placing opposite side to s3 badge on the boot. Quattro White in the rear window or perhaps lower half of rear bumper and the rings on the lower side panels but all that might be overkill.. I just wish they would do the Quattro sig on the front grill like the RS models now, customer RS6 in our car park looks good with it.

Have found a company that do bespoke number plates and they say they may be able to add the gecko as well. Having them scan the car once here as they do not have current 8v on their design books yet so offering half price plates for the privilege of using my car. Great looking plates if you look at www.fourdot.co.uk. Might go for the martini racing finish etc.

May be slight overkill to be honest, the gekko metal then? Think we need some pics!

Just watched the four dot video, very different indeed.

Great animated video, that would not have been cheap at all.

Not sure what I think of them at this stage but I'll reserve judgement until I check out some designs.

May be slight overkill to be honest, the gekko metal then? Think we need some pics!

Just watched the four dot video, very different indeed.

Great animated video, that would not have been cheap at all.

Not sure what I think of them at this stage but I'll reserve judgement until I check out some designs.
http://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgu...3VP6QOcLd7QbB6IGQAQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CB0QMygBMAE

Like I say once the girl is here probably end up keeping her clean of detail, well still tempted by the lower side panel detail.

RS5 awaiting vessel.
Got one of those nice emails from Aberdeen Audi yesterday.

3rd November looking likely.
Dealer only to remove protective covers and power wash. Detailer will get in there and do the rest before I collect.

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Crew Audi - not answered email

They're not the most attentive when it comes to regular updates but I suppose no news is no news, so can't really blame them. Seem to be quick to respond when I email though, who's your salesperson?

My salesman at Crewe is Ross - maybe that should be was? Just emailed again and got autoreply that his email address is no more.

l'm BW 40 and been given estimated delivery date of 15th November!! Don't know how that works out as I recieved a letter to confirm production started on the 29th September!! Heard nothing since whether it's in the country or not!! I'm in Scotland by the way

Oh right,

Well maybe he left and their IT dept couldn't be bothered to setup a simple fail forwarder.

Give them a call and get on it!

Oh yes, doing that of course - trouble is I'm in deepest France for 2 weeks without a decent signal so email is about the only way. Added to tread as I know a few people have cars coming to Crewe and may know what's going on with the sales people.

My Crewe guy is expecting to call me by Thursday with a pickup date. So I'm tentatively expecting any time from next weekend onwards.