39 audis broken into in 48 hours!

Great, last thing I need is some ***** seeing this and then thinking I may be daft enough to leave a spare key in the glovebox which Audi make nice and easy to get into by not fitting a lock. They even encourage people to leave the keys in the car by putting a nice little holder in the glovebox.
Admins should make this some kind of sticky just to warn people who may not be aware.

Karl.

I know this is sad, but I never knew the E-key would be in the glovebox, and I've had my car a year now lol. Mine was never supplied when I brought the car, even though I have 2 keys. I wonder if this is the case for A3 models, as I'd like to find mine.

I still don't understand the concept of having this E-key in the glovebox? If you have lost your keys, how are you going to unlock the car to get your E-key? Not that my model has an E-key mind...

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
You beat me to it, I was just about to post this lol

These articles always gets me ****** worried.
you did post ...in the 8P section. lol

my reply from the other thread:

Why wouldn't Audi just hand the spare key to buyers for them to put in their Wallet\Purse\Man Bag\etc., instead of hiding it in the same place for everyone thereby giving the impression to thieves that some might forget about it being in the glovebox?

This idiotic practice makes every owner is a target whether they took the key out or not, as the thieves won't know until they break in to check.

Unbelievable stupidity.

And this from the super efficient Germans as well.......

Silly idea if you ask me.

Lovely, like really...I've been an Audi owner since the Saturday just gone and find out this, I'm gonna have to find a way to clone myself to watch my car 24/7. :)

I still don't understand the concept of having this E-key in the glovebox? If you have lost your keys, how are you going to unlock the car to get your E-key? Not that my model has an E-key mind...

Theres 2 parts to the equation ,a plastic holder that is in the glove box and a plastic key to let you into the car.once you've let yourself into the car you need to remove the holder from the glove box insert the plastic key into the holder and then insert into the slot on the dashboard and push to start the car.I recently bought my used S5 from an Audi main dealer and on collection the plastic key was missing the salesman didn't even know that there was a holder in the glovebox.To cut a long story short they couldn't find the plastic key so they had to order one from Germany,post it to me and pay for me to take my car into my local dealer to have all my keys recoded to the car.If you check in your cars DIS it tells you how many keys are registered to the car.I only knew about the plastic spare because i'd bought a brand new S4 previously which obviously came with a full set of keys.Nedless to say my glovebox doesn't contain my spare keys.

Last edited:
Theres 2 parts to the equation ,a plastic holder that is in the glove box and a plastic key to let you into the car.once you've let yourself into the car you need to remove the holder from the glove box insert the plastic key into the holder and then insert into the slot on the dashboard and push to start the car.I recently bought my used S5 from an Audi main dealer and on collection the plastic key was missing the salesman didn't even know that there was a holder in the glovebox.To cut a long story short they couldn't find the plastic key so they had to order one from Germany,post it to me and pay for me to take my car into my local dealer to have all my keys recoded to the car.If you check in your cars DIS it tells you how many keys are registered to the car.I only knew about the plastic spare because i'd bought a brand new S4 previously which obviously came with a full set of keys.Nedless to say my glovebox doesn't contain my spare keys.

Ok, so you are suppose to keep the plastic 'wallet' key on you, which no one ever does to get into the car in the event of losing your carkey?

So what year did Audi start putting E-keys in the glovebox, I had never heared of this before[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure when they started doing this my S4 was a 2010my,it's only on certain models ,this is what i have with my S5 which was the same as the S4.

P1000226_zpsea6e9cb8.jpg

P1000230_zpscdd9b736.jpg

P1000231_zpsf558c005.jpg

Reactions: jojo
Ok, so you are suppose to keep the plastic 'wallet' key on you, which no one ever does to get into the car in the event of losing your carkey?

I think that's the idea :idea:,the key is quite thick so i wouldn't fancy sitting on it with my fat ar$e.:scared2:

Reactions: jojo