Which pads and discs

vwgtiking

Reaction score
I need pads and discs all round. Any recommendations? And what's size discs do I have on 1.8t BFB audi a4?

Pagid for both discs & pads. ECP carry Pagid, just put your reg in & it'll show you parts for your car. Good prices too.

Went pagid disc and pads all round on my 1.9 TDI quattro sport. From ECP. £145. Quality and better than Audi I think

Don't have car with me as still in bodyshop but can I measure without taking wheel off. ****** stupid they can't go by reg

Measured my 1.9tdi fwd yesterday, rear 245mm, front 280mm. I guess they differ depending on sport or quattro spec but even so you would expect a motor factors to know the standard spec.

Checked the code on mine and it shows 1KD for rear and 1LB for the front.

WP 20140202 001

Does that code confirm 280mm for front discs?

Just checked my PR code against the options available from ECP and it shows 1LB is 288mm disc. Odd 1LG code isn't shown Dan?

Just checked my PR code against the options available from ECP and it shows 1LB is 288mm disc. Odd 1LG code isn't shown Dan?

The rear discs you need off ECP is the Part no. 104441188. This is going off the VIN number in the pic you posted.
The rear discs might all be 1LG hence no code displayed.

Dan

Sorry to jack the thread vwgtiking. Didn't think I should start a new thread for what is more than likely going to be a one word answer :)

Could I just ask fellas, what is the largest size discs I can bolt directly onto my car without having to change calipers/carriers. Is it 312mm front, 255mm rear?

The car is AVF avantQ and according to TPS currently has 288mm front and 245mm rear.

Any info would be muchos gracias. Thanks

Just pulled up an old thread that suggests I need to replace the carriers if I want to go with 312mm up front.

Does that sound about right?

Cheers thanks for that! Can the old carriers be used on the rear for 255's or upgrade too?

You will need carriers specific to the 255 disc as well, Like with the front, same caliper, new carrier and 255 disc.

Did mine using front and rear carrier from a 3.0L.

Tom.

Do I have ate braking system. Now looking at pads are there 2 ate or Lucas?

You will need carriers specific to the 255 disc as well, Like with the front, same caliper, new carrier and 255 disc.

Did mine using front and rear carrier from a 3.0L.

Tom.

Thanks Tom. Sorry, I had missed your post but thank you for the clarification though :) Unfortunately I had to go ahead and order the normal 288/245 due to the slightly prohibitive cost of the carriers, couldn't really hang around to find them at bargain prices as current brakes almost dead. Cheers :beerchug: