Speedo problems

SI-W85

Reaction score
Ok so on my way home from the lakes I noticed that my digital speedo was reading faster than the analog speedo by around 2mph I set the speedo to 80 and the analog looked to be 2mph behind I did get a pic but it's pretty poor, anyhow is there anyway of calibrating it???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 158
Thats odd, dont have a clue ?
This isnt related but I set my cruise control on the A4 at 30 mph and there is a sign at the side of the road near my house which tells you what speed you are doing and it will always reads 30 mph. However in the Bmw when i set the cruise control to 30 mph on the same sign it will read 28 mph.

Yes I noticed that when I first got it that the Audi speedo is very accurate compared to most other cars which are usually 3mph different on the speedo to correct real speed. I found that my car was doing 29 when set at 30 so just 1mph difference, however my speedo is a strange one I don't understand how it can read different.

Yes I have, I realise the speedo will be altered but would the digital one read different to the analog speedo because of this?

Traditionally the speedo works off the 'known' wheel size and abs sensor doesn't it? If they have changed, it would affect the speedo. I wonder if the digital read out works off of GPS or something. That's all I can think of. You could plug in VCDS and change the wheel size setting.

Traditionally the speedo works off the 'known' wheel size and abs sensor doesn't it? If they have changed, it would affect the speedo. I wonder if the digital read out works off of GPS or something. That's all I can think of. You could plug in VCDS and change the wheel size setting.

Oh really can you do that with vcds? Don't suppose anyone knows how do they? Maybe there is a way of calibrating it too :/

Yeah I think there is a way. you know whan you change the long coding to reflect that youo have cruise control installed, or memory seats or stuff like that? I think there is a wheels option too. It's been a while though so I could be wrong.