S3 Stage 1 upgrade...

timsaudis3

Reaction score
Hi,

I had APR stage 1 done on my S3 8P about 2 months ago and was VERY impressed with the improvement! Last week i had rough erratic idle and got the PCV replaced which fixed it. but since then, the car doesn't seem as quick pre the PCV being replaced.

Not sure its just me or something isn't right with the program etc? The ECU was reset after the PCV was replaced....so I forgot to ask does the program need to be reloaded again and also need to learn the re-map by driving it hard etc.

Cheers!

I don't know much still learning lol but if ur ecu was reset I would think your map has been removed?? why was it reset ? Someone will be along with better knowledge soon

Who reset the ECU? If it was a dealer then yes they have put the car back to standard as they would of plugged it in whilst it was in the garage for software updates. You need to go back to the tuner and ask him to upload your Stage 1 map again which he should do.

Reactions: S3Alex
Thanks guys.

I spoke with the tuner (not audi) that did the stage 1 and PCV today and they suspect could be the diverter valve....

i noticed driving on the way home today, when in 3rd or 4th gear and turbo spools up it feels like engine is in neutral as it revs really high until I release the accelerator.....also feels like there are flat spots throughout the rev range.

I'm taking it back next week for them to look at.

Thanks guys.

I noticed driving on the way home today, when in 3rd or 4th gear and turbo spools up it feels like engine is in neutral as it revs really high until I release the accelerator.....also feels like there are flat spots throughout the rev range.

I'm taking it back next week for them to look at.

That sounds very much like your clutch slipping mate, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Reactions: s3_trev
That sounds very much like your clutch slipping mate, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

And another vote for that.

Sounds exactly like clutch slip there.

Ok thanks guys.

This is proving to be an expensive exercise since the tune lol

Had the tune done, PCV and now potentially the clutch :(

Speak to Brodster he mentioned yesterday that he's found a supplier for replacement upgraded clutches at great prices.

Have you had it mapped long? Maybe same problem as mine clutch went with only 17000 miles on it was putting upgraded one in anyways and it was a seal that had went and was drippin oil onto my clutch so maybe worth checking if the clutch is out make sure all is ok with that seems to pretty rare but it happened to me never get any luck! Brodsrer will sort you with a new one if needed tho

Have you had it mapped long? Maybe same problem as mine clutch went with only 17000 miles on it was putting upgraded one in anyways and it was a seal that had went and was drippin oil onto my clutch so maybe worth checking if the clutch is out make sure all is ok with that seems to pretty rare but it happened to me never get any luck! Brodsrer will sort you with a new one if needed tho

I had the map done 2 months ago and all was going great, couldn't believe the power increase!!! Was having a great time with so much power increase throughout the power band. Then last week had erratic idle, idling very low rpm then would rise up to 2000 rpm while stationary. Took it back to the tuner and had PCV replaced which fixed it, but since then power delivery hasn't felt the same and having flat spots especially in 2nd gear under full throttle.....and when cruising along in 3rd and 4th then full throttle when boost comes on it revs unusually high and just feels flat!

I've only done 51,000kms on the car (I'm from Australia).

Put in in 6th and floor it. That'l test your clutch! From your earlier description it def sounds like clutch. It could also be a case of loosing your map as has been mentioned. With Revo you can also loose your adaptions (boost, timing, fuel) im not sure if APR are the same. I dont think it sounds like a DV, but if I was you I would put in a REV D whether it needs it or not.

Brodster- tell us more on the clutches.. S3 ones good for stage II+?

Speak to Brodster he mentioned yesterday that he's found a supplier for replacement upgraded clutches at great prices.

Confirmed by my mechanic that the clutch is slipping. Whats the prices for upgraded clutch?

Cheers,
Tim.

Hi Tim
Im all the way in Fiji Islands.I wanted my Audi s3 upgraded similar to what you did to yours.Who is the contact person and company you are dealing with. Awaiting your response,THOMAS