New Headunit is finally in

mr.raw

Reaction score
Had the unit and multi angle rear cam fitted today.
Left the car there as they were flat out. Job was done same day but i was busy so had to leave it there.

Played with the head-unit and i am impressed.

Reactions: TOM.S
What model headunit is this? What size screen?

Have you got any pics in the day time to show how big the surround looks?

What features does it have? Any issues with the DIS, steering wheel controls or rear speakers working?

I will add some pics later. It all works fine.MFSW ,Nav, Handsfree bluetooth is all working well. Rear speakers too. I did not want to be hit and miss with looms and adapters mysefl, so i paid a pro to do it all, one who does this day in and day out.

iv seen that head in action in my pals B7
and if I still had a b7 its the one id go for over the RNS-E
he had the surround dipped to match the dash.

Sorry for delay been a busy bee.
The unit is the Kenwood DNN9250DAB. It is a 7inch screen and only came out two days ago.It sells for about £1200-£1300.It does not have its own sim, it's wifi via a hotspot or teathering.

Here is a link to the Kenwood site for the specs (which is has soooo many).
Kenwood Electronics UK Ltd. | Navigation > DNN9250DAB (details)

Here is some pics.It is a 7inch and looks fine in the double din with the correct faceplate mounty thingy maggigy....yes i don't have a clue !

It is a face off head unit which has pro's and cons. I am finding it quite hard to remove and put back on to be honest. Bluetooth works well and hands free is ultra clear.

SD/USB playback is spot in and youtube and internet radio is FAB, but then i am on 4g with excellent coverage.

I tried the garmin sat nav and its good. Differnt to my tom tom 1, but still good.

I also had a rear multi angle camera fitted. I shall take some pics of it tomorrow.

On the whole i am happy but nothing is every going to be perfect. the negatives are a DAB front mounted arieal and gps.

Looks good mate!

I've been craving a double din for a while now - its just toooooo much of a ballache to convert from single for my liking :(

Woah that's a big chunk of money! What other head units did you consider? I looked at the Alpine W928R-XL but decided it was too much money in the end.

The 8" screen really fills out the dash nicely in the B7 too

Looks good mate!

I've been craving a double din for a while now - its just toooooo much of a ballache to convert from single for my liking :(

Its not such a ballache as you think, i was the same as you wanting to change from single to double din.
Just bit the bullet in the end and did it,it was suprisingly easy,found a guide on net( will see if i can dig it out)
I fitted a kenwood dnx 7220 in mine, it has sat nav,dvd,i pod control showing album art, and all track info, also fitted a rear camera while i was at it so now when i put the car in reverse it comes up on the headunt.

Took bout 2 hrs to do the conversion from single to double din,and thats with me taking my time and being a novice!

Reactions: mr.raw
I didn't fancy doing it myself. Unit is ace and just like rastamouse I had a rear cam In it.

I struggle taking a head unit out so diy wasn't for me.

I looked at pioneer and older Kenwood. Went for this Kenwood. The unit is a full removal of the screen and thats the only major downside. The slightly older Kenwood and the Pioneer had small panels for security etc.

Last edited: