Stage 2+ revo with hpfp

Feaver2005

Reaction score
Hi all iv got a 2009 s3 8p runing stage 2 revo milltek turbo back cell 200 sport cat forge twin air intake runs a dream but the garage that done the work said it's not worth putting a hpfp takeing to a stage 2+ as it's not cuting out under power what do you lot think thanks

How did the garage come to that conclusion? Id ask to see logs. Im only running stage 1 and I have the LOBA HPFP and I notice the difference. I would absolutely upgrade the fuel pump if running stage 2 plus, no question.

Hi all iv got a 2009 s3 8p runing stage 2 revo milltek turbo back cell 200 sport cat forge twin air intake runs a dream but the garage that done the work said it's not worth putting a hpfp takeing to a stage 2+ as it's not cuting out under power what do you lot think thanks

That's nonsense.

Put another way,without the uprated HPFP,what you get is basically Stg2 torque.

In the midrange,the stock HPFP runs out of flow at Stg2+,and the engine drops torque as a result,and if your garage is waiting until the engine runs rough or misfires,then that's a very poor way to find out.

Yes thanks Alex I think everyone will say the same i don't understand why I was told this i won't name the garage but they are very recommended

Yes thanks Alex I think everyone will say the same i don't understand why I was told this i won't name the garage but they are very recommended

That's perhaps the most surprising part.

If you compare torque curves from Stg2 and 2+ engines,you'll see the difference,and APR have compared the flow rates of their own pump,and the stock pump, throughout the rpm range,and if you compare them,you can see that the stock pump is Ok for stock power,but way behind when it comes to a remapped car.

APR 2.0T FSI High Pressure Fuel Pump

Any of the uprated pumps(Autotech,Loba and APR) will be sufficient.

Cheers again mate I'm going to go with a hpfp poss apr I let you know how much better it is poss 3 weeks time mate

Reactions: S3Alex
Cheers again mate I'm going to go with a hpfp poss apr I let you know how much better it is poss 3 weeks time mate

The current best compromise for performance vs price would be the Loba HPFP.

The Autotech is the cheapest(which I've used for 5yrs now,as the others weren't available at that time) but it requires a very careful build in a clean area.

On Revo stage 1 I noticed a difference when adding my Loba pump.
I'm going Revo stage 2+ on Saturday

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and s3_trev
On Revo stage 1 I noticed a difference when adding my Loba pump.
I'm going Revo stage 2+ on Saturday

I've got LOBA pump on my wanted list, comes as compete unit ready to fit, which in my book is better than a box of parts for me to rebuild the stock unit and also better than sending mine off for a rebuild.

This pump gets a lot of support on the forum.

Reactions: S3Alex and s3_trev
Definitely get the pump... I've felt the difference between Stage 2 and Stage 2+ and have also seen logs that show the difference. I'd also add that my standard pump on Revo Stage 1 suffers a bit during mid-range. I'm going Stage 2+ a week tomorrow and really cannot wait.

I've got LOBA pump on my wanted list, comes as compete unit ready to fit, which in my book is better than a box of parts for me to rebuild the stock unit and also better than sending mine off for a rebuild.

This pump gets a lot of support on the forum.

The Loba deservedly gets a lot of support for a good off the shelf product.

The Autotech on the other hand,shouldn't be dismissed for those that have expertise and a clean place to build it.
Mine has run faultlessly for some yrs and now supplies the fuel for 500bhp which is fair testament to a parts product.

It just needs to be built properly.

The Loba deservedly gets a lot of support for a good off the shelf product.

The Autotech on the other hand,shouldn't be dismissed for those that have expertise and a clean place to build it.
Mine has run faultlessly for some yrs and now supplies the fuel for 500bhp which is fair testament to a parts product.

It just needs to be built properly.

The Autotech is a nice bit of kit, but the pump rebuild instructions are quite complicated, you need some special tools to complete the job and a clean environment to build it. god knows what happens if you get it wrong!

I guess your paying 200 quid for someone else to do this for you with the LOBA which is a straight replacement part.

Guess it all depends on how confident you are and how much money you want to spend. All good info for people to make up their own minds tho.

Exactly what I'm getting at.

If you or your tuner have the expertise then it's great.
If not then you either need someone to build it for you(as I did and AMD built it for me to what's obviously a good standard after 5yrs) or you choose from APR or Loba and I know which I'd choose from those two.

The price of getting it wrong is high.