ebay quality

speedy lynn

Reaction score
hi lads can anyone advise me please just spent £350 on a full service and was told I have a misfire under load and the guy said it may need new coil packs and that I need to replace all of them,as this car was not recalled as many were, I was told that you cant trust the quality on e bay is that so? they seem cheaper and the guy has said it would be best if he bought them advise please or am I being ripped of again, along with clutch replacement £1100.00 cam belt and waterpump £550.00 any advise welcome.

tbh just buy OE ones... they are about 30 quid each last time I looked... eBay and pattern ones are too hit and miss in my experience...

<tuffty/>

hi lads can anyone advise me please just spent £350 on a full service and was told I have a misfire under load and the guy said it may need new coil packs and that I need to replace all of them,as this car was not recalled as many were, I was told that you cant trust the quality on e bay is that so? they seem cheaper and the guy has said it would be best if he bought them advise please or am I being ripped of again, along with clutch replacement £1100.00 cam belt and waterpump £550.00 any advise welcome.

Sounds overpriced to me. Cambelt should be under £400, anything under £350 and you are doing well.

If the £1100 is just for the clutch then that's a really bad price. Did it include a dual mass flywheel too?

Clutch & flywheel are about £300 trade, but expect a garage to put around 30% on that. Can't see how anymore than around £350 labour can be justified. Takes about 6 hours.

I would never buy coil packs off ebay, get them from euro car parts and stick to the big brand ones, I usually go for Beru (rebranded hitachi), last set I bought had the audi part numbers scratched off (genuine parts) and were about £80 for the set. They are really easy to fit yourself even if you are not mechanically minded.

Reactions: speedy lynn
I paid £950 last week for LUK clutch, cylinder, and DMF, gearbox oil change, new input shaft seal, and 4 wheel alignment. £1100 is a **** take IMO

Reactions: speedy lynn
I do the cambelts on these supply and fit 300 quid clutch is a 9 hour book time if that helps

Reactions: Nilz