How much to reprogram a key?

boothy94

Reaction score
I have 2 keys for my a3 and they both unlock the car from the key fob but only one will start the car, I think the other needs reprogramming, that's what I got told anyway. I was wondering if there is a way I can do this as I saw something about it on the web but was unsure whether to try it. Or how much and where I can get someone to do it for me. It's a 2002 a3. Thanks

Then you can try and do it yourself with the online manual in the stickies section on here........
Along lines of turn to 3rd ignition, without starting car , using plastic key then pick the key you want to programme , put it in the door with drivers side window down , (lower both windows) incase it locks you out ,shut drivers side door and press lock button twice then unlock button twice and hold for 5 seconds

Search on here or on google, I did it with my s3 and got both to work after changing batteries.............

Failing that pm @udi a3 on here he is a key tech man

Sean

Alright mate cheers, I will try and find the thread, thanks

Not 100% on where that sticky post is to be honest, do you have a link by any chance?

Then you can try and do it yourself with the online manual in the stickies section on here........
Along lines of turn to 3rd ignition, without starting car , using plastic key then pick the key you want to programme , put it in the door with drivers side window down , (lower both windows) incase it locks you out ,shut drivers side door and press lock button twice then unlock button twice and hold for 5 seconds

Search on here or on google, I did it with my s3 and got both to work after changing batteries.............

Failing that pm @udi a3 on here he is a key tech man

Sean

that's purely for the remote locking & will not program a key to the immob!