T11OM F said:
Just replaced my central door locking motor!!! :hubbahubba:

Cost me £30 all in... So well chuffed!

All i need to do now is reprogram the keys,

Whats the best way i can do this?

Many Thanks!

Tom

:respekt:

Why does one need to reprogram the keys after changing this part of the car?

Thanx JOJO...

Well the central locking works but not off the key fob button. I read on here someone said that they needed to reprogram the keys?!?

I took mine to Audi only in Manchester.

If you replace the C/locking motor with one out of say a crash damaged car, then it's coded up wrong.... central locking will work but the key fob won't alarm.

One key in ignition, one in the door I think and then needs the code ripping off.... Cost me £100 including the part.... well done for so doing it so cheap!

Cheers Mike..

I dont see why we should have to pay more for things just cos its from "AUDI" just spent abt 30min looking at some parts on the net, and it paid off...

T11OM F said:
Cheers Mike..

I dont see why we should have to pay more for things just cos its from "AUDI" just spent abt 30min looking at some parts on the net, and it paid off...

Had to do the same, you use the valet key to programme the key fobs!

Reactions: Vex182
Tom, as a matter of interest, have you the A3 or S3? The guy who I found with the parts wanted almost double for the S3 Central locking pump! It's one letter different on the part code.

All old type remote locking 'vacuum' pumps with the same part number are interchangeable, it does not matter if the suffix is different.

Really?

Audi told me different? Robbing ********. Luckily I didn't buy off them.