Intermittent left brake light issue

Lukehh

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an intermittent left brake light issue on my a3 10 plate. Sometimes I start the car and it doesn't come up at all and sometimes it does whilst im driving or start the car with a message on the dash saying left brake light is out. When the message doesnt come up the left brake light works fine.

My mate who works for audi had a look over it this morning, checked holders, bulbs etc but cant spot anything wrong.

Has anyone seen this before, any help is highly appreciated!

cheers luke

i get the same problem with front indicators bulbs.

once i use the indicators it sorts it self out. but like you said its very intermittent, nothing wrong with bulb, holder or wiring.

not really any help but your not the only one.

High resistance contact somewhere. Could be slight moisture in a connection.

I had this, check connections all was fine. Changed the bulb and no longer have any issues.

Not an A3 but I have been getting this error as well. Changed all the bulbs back there but it still comes up occasionally. The moisture issue cited above sounds reasonable... It's more of an annoyance than anything. If I can find where the moisture is making it in I'll reply but will stay tuned in case there is another fix out there.

Had the exact same thing, only to find rear lenses full of water and corroded the electrical contacts! Would get different light warning everyday... Luckily had them replaced under warranty been fine since!