Abs Warning Light On, Intermittent

BRIANT

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I struggled to find some precise information on the french one (audipassion.com), maybe I will be luckier here !

The ABS warning light (the yellow one) turns on intermittently on my Audi A3 8P:
Sometimes the light turns on right after the ignition, and disapperars a few miles after. Sometimes the light is off when I put the contact, and turn-on a few minutes after.

The VCDS code is the following:
00283 - Front Left ABS Wheel Speed Sensor (G47)
35-10 - - - Intermittent

I changed the ABS sensor (for both the front wheels), cleared the fault, but id did not change anything.

I have read that this issue could be due to a damaged reluctor ring, but more frequently for the rear wheels. Have anyone seen this a reluctor ring failure on the front wheels ?

Many thanks for your help
Regards
Yves

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I struggled to find some precise information on the french one (audipassion.com), maybe I will be luckier here !

The ABS warning light (the yellow one) turns on intermittently on my Audi A3 8P:
Sometimes the light turns on right after the ignition, and disapperars a few miles after. Sometimes the light is off when I put the contact, and turn-on a few minutes after.

The VCDS code is the following:
00283 - Front Left ABS Wheel Speed Sensor (G47)
35-10 - - - Intermittent

I changed the ABS sensor (for both the front wheels), cleared the fault, but id did not change anything.

I have read that this issue could be due to a damaged reluctor ring, but more frequently for the rear wheels. Have anyone seen this a reluctor ring failure on the front wheels ?

Many thanks for your help
Regards
Yves
check sensor cable also

Thanks for the hint.
I looked at the cable (at least at the part visible in the wheel well) but I did not find anything suspicious...
Is there a way to check it electrically ? (input impedance of the ABS module ?). As far as I could see, the cable goes directly to the ABS module (without any connector in between), so that I would need to change the complete cable, from the ABS sensor to the ABS module. Has anyone already performed such a replacement ? It does not look so easy...