Should I get a panel filter?

AK47UK

Reaction score
My car is currently standard but I have a Bluefin on the way. I was wondering if there is any point in me getting a Pipercross or K&N panel filter?

I read that oiled ones have caused problems on VAG cars, how do I tell which are dry filters?

From looking at the sites I think the right models for me are:
Pipercross PP1621
K&N 33-2865
Green P612252

Audi A3 2010 1.8TFSi

Cheers

Last edited:
I've just bought one for my 10 plate S3 pipercross pp1621 and it was £32 delivered from eBay.
Some people say they're a waste of time but I've always felt they improve things slightly.

Reactions: AK47UK
Thanks, I am not expecting a noticeable increase in performance but I thought it it is good for the car and makes any difference in sound/performance then it would be worth it as it's cheap.

Fitter a pipercross after my bluefin remap

Yyy 007

Reactions: AK47UK
I will probably pick up a Pipercross, just looked at the specs and the K&N is oiled and I don't trust myself not damaging my MAF when re-oiling. The Pipercross is listed as a dry filter.

Reactions: SPARTAN91
After I had my gti 1.8t remapped at R-Tech they suggested a Pipercross. I also have one for my bluefined S3. No complaints with either

Although the website states up to 30% better air flow I think the only real benefit is a louder DV noise.

Fitted the Pipercross today. I'm not used to my bluefin remap yet so won't be able to tell if it changes anything but nice to know a clean filter is in there regardless. Mine old one didn't look too bad but the depth of the panel filters is far less than that of the OEM paper filters.

I fitted a pipercross on my V6 yesterday. £34 off of eBay.

Obviously doesn't make alot of difference but I like it!! ;)

I've just bought another intake so I'll be selling my Tfsi pipercross filter after 100 miles.

Imo wont see gains no point wont change sound of car either ive got one but no point really lol