what the heck is this?

have you pressed it, possible retro immobiliser or ejector seat

Reactions: localknoxville and ruffrida
Random, be good to find out what it is, defo looks like an old skool retro fit immo switch, usd to have one on me xr2 (yes i am old, lol)

Reactions: Sandra
I fitted one in a previous car to fool the earth into allowing DVD in motion, don't know if that would work in an Audi though

I've fitted a couple in there.
1 for power to rear inverter, TV tuner and in a different car it was to turn a screen on in the dash.

Press it and see what happens or take it out and see what it is plugged in to.

It's a rare optional extra it enables the indicators.

It also could have been for a previous install of sat nav.....gala switch......who knows

Without tracing the wires it could be anything.

I can see a new thread coming from this "flicked mystery switch no car wont start " lol I'm with krisavant though, fiver in the pot lol

Stand at a safe distance, then get someone else to flick it.:icon_thumright:

Reactions: Sandra and ruffrida
Naw just looked around for anythin suspicious. Don't have time to trace the wires will need to do that a different day

Thats a shame, i know it will be doin a few eds in now not knowing what it is lol
Keep us posted !

This thread has got me thinking now. When I sell my car, I'm going to put a random hidden switch and run the wires to nothing deep in the dash. That will really annoy someone for ages lol

Reactions: Welshquattro