Splitter - thoughts please

Looks alright, quite subtle you could get the cupra splitter too.

I think this is the kind of thing that in their photos it looks okay because they've got the hang of fitting the stuff. I can't help but think it'd be an absolute nightmare to get symmetrical, or even just a nice smooth curve.

Cupra splitter would mean less chance of cocking up the installation, as I think that's a fairly simple fit with only minor modification required.

i think the side skirts application would work better. but yeah getting the curve would be missions without creases

I had a look at them when I was looking for a splitter for mine and as smoothassault said above it is the fitting that put me off. I got the cupra one instead as they do look good on a b6. Just got to find time to fit it.lol

Anyone know what modifications are required to fit a Cupra splitter to a B6 sport?

Anyone know what modifications are required to fit a Cupra splitter to a B6 sport?

From what I've read not many. The two posts in the middle have to be cut down so they are level and I think the ends may need a trim. There is somewhere a tread on fitting them but I can't seem to find it now. Perhaps someone will know more.

I fitted a cupra lip to mine on Saturday, trimmed about half and inch off each end and trimmed the posts down a bIt too, took less than an hour really easy to do.

You don't have to trim the ends, i moved mine forward slightly and sits level with the existing bumper,you do need to trim the fixing lugs off the two centre posts though, plenty of self tapping screws and away you go.

Ive got it on my sport bumper. Its looks good. It comes with a sticky side which you easily attach to the bumper.
Contours are ok,where the bends are cut triangles which stop the creases.
And apply loads of self tapping screws too.

Dnt know what the cupras made of,but ive scraped my splitter loads of times,with no damage as its soft rubber.

If u want i put some piks up...

Ive got it on my sport bumper. Its looks good. It comes with a sticky side which you easily attach to the bumper.
Contours are ok,where the bends are cut triangles which stop the creases.
And apply loads of self tapping screws too.

Dnt know what the cupras made of,but ive scraped my splitter loads of times,with no damage as its soft rubber.

If u want i put some piks up...

Ahh yes please.. Couple of pics would be amazing! :)

IMG_20140311_100529.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Reactions: Greeny233
I like that Deano, looks good. I might have a go at that myself. My Avant has been missing its cupra spoiler since i ripped it off in the snow last year.

Reactions: deano1978
Thanks Deano. Just ordered one :) Did you cut the centre part out of your one?

I really like the cupra splitter but I just know that I will rip it off so need something with a bit more flex in it.. I'll just take my time fitting it and get it looking right!

Last edited:
Same reason i ordered mine,as im so low.
Yeah trimed it while it was on,to the shape of the middle bit of bumper.