Tyres?

MURRAY51

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm after some guidance, I have 235/45/17 tyres fitted and they need changing( cheap,nasty rubbish that we're fitted when I purchased the car) could I fit a 225/45/17 tyre without any problems, as there seems to be more choice of tyre in this size.
Cheers

Yes they fit fine. My winters are 225/45 17's. They are cheaper than 235's also.

Tom.

They look a little skinny to me visually for the size of the car and you need to make sure if you do proceed with any tyre, that they are XL versions.

Audi tend to know what they are doing when they design cars and what should be fitted to get the best out of it. Personally I would take their recommendation based on years of knowledge and fit what size tyre they thought was best.

I recently asked the same question. Very knowledgable guys on this forum. I'm sticking with 235/45's!

Try tyreleader.com as this is where I get my tyres from and use a local garage to get them fitted....£10 a wheel

Thanks all for the guidance, I will probably get the 235's refitted again then, cheers