Little surprises?

They normally lob the first aid kit in the spare wheel well, but its a perfect fit for the compartment under the drivers seat.

My first aid kit is in the left compartment in the boot, I don't have the vest compartment and vest though..

Mine's definitely under the seat and, as been stated, it fits perfectly into the compartment...

First Aid Kit in the boot? Being a Community First Responder I usually carry my whole Ambulance Kit in the boot. A little kit saves me lugging the big bag around for a minor cut.

Just checked, no first aid kit in my car. My be an after 2010 thing.

Dont know if its worthy but I think its pretty cool....on the S3 if you put stronic into sport mode exhaust is louder and revs idle higher - now if you slide it across to manual shifts the revs and exhaust note remains but you can control gear shifts rather than the gearbox holding those gears when you dont want them to.

Just checked, no first aid kit in my car. My be an after 2010 thing.

Well yes, the 8V as a whole is an 'after 2010 thing'!

Reactions: Forbzeeee, BGS, Anarch and 1 other person
Hey, I am in Centurion. Pics and spec of your car?

2014 S3 Sportback, Glacier White, Pan roof, B&O, Active Park assist, Fine Nappa leather and optional alloys

Reactions: Acri16, vakaviti, lloydie1994 and 2 others
Does the radio/cd volume still drop down when you engage reverse? Thought this was such a clever touch on my 09 A4.

Yep, and you can set the volume it drops down to in the MMI as well. I think this only applies to cars with parking sensors though, so you can hear them!

Reactions: ahfh1
Tech pack high: fuel warning light came on and message came up on screen asking if I wanted to navigate to petrol station! Nice.
Annoyingly the advanced key only covers lock/unlock of front doors and tailgate. Why not rear doors on SB? My S4 had this. Also, why no light in the armrest/storage?

Tech pack high: fuel warning light came on and message came up on screen asking if I wanted to navigate to petrol station! Nice.
Annoyingly the advanced key only covers lock/unlock of front doors and tailgate. Why not rear doors on SB? My S4 had this. Also, why no light in the armrest/storage?

you can configure it to unlock all doors in the mmi OR simply double click unlock to unlock all doors.

you can configure it to unlock all doors in the mmi OR simply double click unlock to unlock all doors.

But I want to be able to lock/unlock using the handles on the back doors. The point of advanced key is you do not need to use the key so on the A3 SB we have 3/5th advanced key. Just annoying penny pinching in my opinion.

But I want to be able to lock/unlock using the handles on the back doors. The point of advanced key is you do not need to use the key so on the A3 SB we have 3/5th advanced key. Just annoying penny pinching in my opinion.

ohh yea, ok , agreed. The response time after you touch to lock/ unlock could be a bit faster as well.

The standard tech pack comes up asking for nearest petrol station. I'm guessing this is only with sat navigation as well.

Also nice: entering the car with an iPhone charged < 20%, the MMI notifies you to charge it!

Reactions: illingworth22
Holding the unlock key drops all the windows & likewise the lock key puts them back up again :)

Yeh, same with the Xenon lights - love the static cornering lights on mine! Love even more that it doesn't just light a fog light for them, hate cars that do that!

Here is a video of dynamic Xenon and static cornering lights on the new Golf. Amazing to see how much the lights are working on the new cars. Fairly sure my mk6 xenons don't work as hard as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.

I turned off the comfort/convenience opening after waking up one morning to find my all windows mysteriously down.

Here is a video of dynamic Xenon and static cornering lights on the new Golf. Amazing to see how much the lights are working on the new cars. Fairly sure my mk6 xenons don't work as hard as that.

The original cornering lights !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The original cornering lights !!!!

That looks dangerous. The lights were turning too quickly. There was no light directly in front of the car.

I noticed on my car that only the light on the inside of the corner seems to turn. This is most noticeable when I drive round the corner of the house to the garage. As I straighten the steering wheel I can see one light centre again on the garage door.

VW didn't enable static cornering with Xenon lights on the Mk6 Golf. Looking forward to seeing what the new system is like on the new Audi. Seems like a good step forward in functionality.

I've just found out that when you use the paddles when in D or S to down change and engine brake it will stay in manual override indefinitely until you start to accelerate again and then it will start counting down to switch back to D or S automatically. Great for long downhill engine braking

It's in the boot behind a hatch on the left hand side. There's a toolkit there with the remover amongst other things (like the wheel brace)

Also nice: entering the car with an iPhone charged < 20%, the MMI notifies you to charge it!

Saw this too and I use a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Another 'nice' find: With the stop start system, usually as soon as u take ur foot of the brake, the car restarts. However, when the car switches off, while ur foot is on the brake, apply the electromechanical parking brake. U can then take ur foot off the brake pedal and the car stays off. When u touch the accelerator once, the car switches on again but parking brake stays applied, touch accelerator for the second time, the parking brake releases.

Saw this too and I use a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Another 'nice' find: With the stop start system, usually as soon as u take ur foot of the brake, the car restarts. However, when the car switches off, while ur foot is on the brake, apply the electromechanical parking brake. U can then take ur foot off the brake pedal and the car stays off. When u touch the accelerator once, the car switches on again but parking brake stays applied, touch accelerator for the second time, the parking brake releases.

It does this with hold assist too

Has anyone else noticed that the centre armrest slides forwards?