H&R 50MM installed on A3 sline

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, an eventful day!

So today i installed a set of H&R 50 MM Lowering springs, Pt. No. 29260-1 on my 12 plate sport back Black Edition.

Before Pics:

Front

Rear

The job was a bit of an **** on the front, on the drivers side i took the strut out of the wheel bearing housing to change the spring over which took ages! So on the passenger side i decided to take the full strut assembly off including the wheel bearing housing and disk, this turned out to be way way easier :)

so after a full 6 hours the car now looks like this

Front

Rear

She will look even lower after they have settled :) I am pleased i went for the 50mm's over the 35's!

So after driving to the shop tonight i noticed that the xenons were quite low, i had a dig around in Elsa win and it mentioned two level senders on the car, front and rear, now, i saw the rear one and made sure i put it back on the same sense as i took it off, i did not see one on the front??? Is this normal for later 8P3's?

Anyhow, after a quick google i dug out my VCDS and within 10 mins (and a lat surface) we are all good again!

Next jobs:

Clean car
4 wheel laser align!

Comments, questions welcome :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoesty
Looks good buddy.... My 25mm H&Rs are going on in next couple of weeks and hope it sits as nice

Nice!!! Looking good :)

How much is laser align do you reckon? Is it really needed!?! cheers

Nice to see the pics, reminds me of when I had mine on the same setup, I was never happy with the drop though

Looks good mate would Definitely get alignment done only cost around £45

Cheers for the comments guys!

Deffo recommend an alignment if you do this, it not because its lowered, its because you have to take off the 3 bolts off for the ball joint on the bottom wishbone, and the three that holt the top of the strut in position, this effects the camber.

You can chance not getting it done and may be lucky you've got it in the same position from when you take them off, but i highly doubt it!

So its off too awesome at the weekend! ;)

I guess you mean H&R mate? I have a H&R setup on mine very pleased..probably won't be long until I have gone for coilovers though!

Thank god for that, you hear of so much cheap far eastern tat being fitted, H&R are top quality so no worries there!

Reactions: Jay.Ing
****! Looks really good :D I'm considering purchasing some kit like this too... How does the car handling feel? Bumps, pot holes, high edges etc anything to worry lots over? Is it very stiff or okey? Appriciate any reply :D

Cheers for the comments guys!

Deffo recommend an alignment if you do this, it not because its lowered, its because you have to take off the 3 bolts off for the ball joint on the bottom wishbone, and the three that holt the top of the strut in position, this effects the camber.

I would say it is more the ride height than the slight change to bolt positions, will either go toe out or tow in (not sure on the A3 which way it will go). As you lower the car the front tracking will alter especially. Most alignments for £45 will only be looking at wheel tracking, not so much camber or other geo settings.

I think it rides better than the Sline springs! The Sline ones were very harsh, These one are progressive, but they are stiff. It feels better in the corners, makes you feel a bit more confident in the car.

Na I'm getting the full shabang! 4 wheel Laser alignment. I did it on my Ibiza FR after i replace all the bushes for power flex one, the pre report i got was all full of red! But the post report was all nice and green :thumbsup:

I think it rides better than the Sline springs! The Sline ones were very harsh, These one are progressive, but they are stiff. It feels better in the corners, makes you feel a bit more confident in the car.

I agree on the S-Line being stiff, to bad It's not lowered enough.

Thanks for the reply, will definetly consider 50mm!

Last edited:
Did you go for just the springs mate, I'm considering these for my s line too!

I test fitted my porsche wheels Friday to find my arch gap is twice as bad so looks like il need coilovers after all! Lol

Are they the 18s or 19s you have fitted? Looking to get a set of 19s and get a set of springs