What milege does your S3 have,

Sept 03 76k ! All motorway miles, still as tight as ever and needs no oil between services. I would rather a high mileage motorway car than a low mileage town car.

Sold my silver 1999 (T) with 128k. Still ran sweetly. Now 42k on a Mar 02 S3

TBH I don't think you should have any troubles with the engine past 120K as long as it's been serviced and looked after.

Where HTC when you need him? I am sure his has done 100K + and still going strong.

Indeed I do a silly amount of miles in my car.

Put it this way, I'll be performing my second cam belt change next month! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Car is running fine tho, not burning any oil, original clutch (albeit slipping a tad on full boost in 1st).

[ QUOTE ]
Indeed I do a silly amount of miles in my car.

Put it this way, I'll be performing my second cam belt change next month! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Car is running fine tho, not burning any oil, original clutch (albeit slipping a tad on full boost in 1st).

[/ QUOTE ]

It does appear that the clutch used on the AGU is rather good...Mine is stock, done 74k, 15k chipped, and about 12k with big turbo and not slipped once yet!

99 T on around 57k, needing nothing other than services, very lovely, mmmmm.
The previous owner did have the clutch give out after Kim Collins took it out to test the re-map, nasty business but the result is a sachs clutch, all good

Mine was a 2000X and had 95k miles on it when sold at the start of the year. Had the car heavily modified at 55k miles, and there was no negative impacts on reliability or long term running costs.

Dan
(now with a 5 week old 3.2Q and 2000 miles on the clock..)

May 2002 110K miles, new engine at 93K a,ong with Clutch, Flywheel, Manifold & Brakes also had a new Haldex at 70K.

Going to run my baby as far as she will go.

Have an NA 1800 A3, 1998 on 96K. Engine wise, I did the timing belt, tensioner and water pump at 90K (all looked fine) and replaced the MAF. Uses no oil, clutch fine.

[ QUOTE ]
May 2002 110K miles, new engine at 93K a,ong with Clutch, Flywheel, Manifold & Brakes also had a new Haldex at 70K.

Going to run my baby as far as she will go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you need a new engine Jester? just curious... and maybe the reason behind the new haldex?

My waterpump went then the cambelt and then everything else = complete new engine. They were going to try and salvage the bottom but thought better of it and I got a brand new engine. Absolutley gutted as that engine was beatifully run in and was awesome in the midrange. The haldex was a freak issue, had trouble reversing and came down to the haldex unit seizing up hence a new one.

Can't complain, got a 110K car but the main parts have only done 17K!!!

So what's the most millage anyones done in a year in their S3? I've done just below 50,000 miles in just over two years and about 35,000 was in 12 months can anyone beat that?

I don't dare think how much the total ownership experience has cost me since I bought the car - I also think I should be a Shell shareholder by now!