A3 1.9 TDI glove box won't open

Tonibastin11

Reaction score
New on here so thought easiest thing to do was to make a new post.
Ive just bought a a3 and the glove box will not open any ideas what to do ?
Cheers :)

Welcome to the site, sounds like the handle internals have broken, common, you'll need to get that handle of to release the mechanism inside to slide the bar across or somehow get down the sides to push the locking latch bar inwards towards the center of the lid to release.

Not the right side, that's the left side access, but hey have a look.

Welcome to the site, sounds like the handle internals have broken, common, you'll need to get that handle of to release the mechanism inside to slide the bar across or somehow get down the sides to push the locking latch bar inwards towards the center of the lid to release.

Ah so it's going to be a ****** to do?! How can I get the handle off to realise it ?? Anybody done it!?

TBH mate they don't replace the internal handle piece anyway, so either find a crappy lid on ebay to use internals on yours or replace for new, either way its going to require some force to get it open.

Whereabouts are you located?

TBH mate they don't replace the internal handle piece anyway, so either find a crappy lid on ebay to use internals on yours or replace for new, either way its going to require some force to get it open.

Whereabouts are you located?

im a girl I don't do force haha! Best thing is to brake it and replace it then?

Know ow anywhere that I could get hold of one eBay isn't great! And I'm in devon ( would travel ish to get one )

I may have a glovebox here, need to check, best to PM me a pic of yours & then can see what colour it is, has it got a cd changer or ipod unit fitted inside?

I may have a glovebox here, need to check, best to PM me a pic of yours & then can see what colour it is, has it got a cd changer or ipod unit fitted inside?

I couldn't tell you as bought the car with it broken :/