Replacement Front Lights

s3_will

Reaction score
Evening all,

I need to replace my front lights, the surrounds, not the bulbs. They have gone very foggy and the light the xenons put out is terrible due to the plastic being so foggy.

Anyone know where I can get some cheap replacements or have some to sell me?

I have a 2002 S3.

Cheers

Will

cant you polish them up? mine have done the same so i will be wetsanding them and polishing them

^^ as above you will be able to restore them for minimal cost!

Won't wet sanding them just dull them totally? 1500 grit or similar?

No, if you work through the stages, from 1500 up to 6000 followed by a compound polish you will end up with glass like clarity! I will get some pics up of a MK5 GTI Edition 30 I did the other day.

If you want I can provide you with micro mesh in the grades needed, 1500,1800,2400,3600,6000.

Ah right! That makes sense :) I need to get them done before the weekend as I'm away from work and am taking a colleague so don't want poor lights.

Can you get the grades in Halfords? If not, I'd be grateful if you could set me up.

Cheers

You can get various grades in halfords, but wet and dry isn't the best thing to use, it tends to fall apart quite quickly! Micro mesh is cotton based and non degrading when used correctly! The price says it all really! Where abouts in Cambridge are you? I'm not a million miles away really, kings lynn. I could always do it while you wait, it'll only take around 1 1/2 hours.