2008 S3 Bi-Xenon lights?

LincsYoof

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Picked myself up a 2008 S3 from the auctions in Nottingham in the summer last year, I 'm really happy with the car but now need some help from the Audi community if possible.

Late last year a warning light came on telling me the drivers side headlight had a problem, after finding the actual fault code - it referred to the xenon shutter motor, possibly the most expensive headlight in a car ever! lol

I bought a replacement from Ebay to find out today that is is different & incompatible (check part number lesson learned)

the correct part no is 8PO 941 004 AB (is this Bi Xenon?)
The one from ebay is 8PO 941 004 E

does anyone know if these units can be repaired? the headlight does occasionally come back on, clearing the fault, but it generally gets confused & turns off again as soon as the reflection from a road sign is visible.

Thanks in advance,

Craig...

Send a PM to @t8ups and explain your problem and i am sure he will be able to help you out as he is the lights man on the site .

I think 8PO 941 004 E is a bi xenon without AFS (adaptive lights that turn when you steer)

I had the very same problem on my own S3 with the drivers side headlight - Lights would never stay on full beams ( nothing to do with reflections from road sgins though - just a dodgy motor)

I bought one headlight on ebay that was for a LHD car, a few months later i eventually found the right one on the TFSI parts for sale page on FB.

All i can say is be patient and only buy one with the part number 8PO 941 004 AB wihich is bi xenon with AFS, right sided headlight for RHD car.

Reactions: LincsYoof
I think 8PO 941 004 E is a bi xenon without AFS (adaptive lights that turn when you steer)

I had the very same problem on my own S3 with the drivers side headlight - Lights would never stay on full beams ( nothing to do with reflections from road sgins though - just a dodgy motor)

I bought one headlight on ebay that was for a LHD car, a few months later i eventually found the right one on the TFSI parts for sale page on FB.

All i can say is be patient and only buy one with the part number 8PO 941 004 AB wihich is bi xenon with AFS, right sided headlight for RHD car.
problem is my MOT ran out on Thursday, waiting a few months isnt an option =(

problem is my MOT ran out on Thursday, waiting a few months isnt an option =(
Contact @t8ups @ this number ( 01604 212743. ) between 9am n 4pm and explain to him what you have posted and as he is the guy thats sorts lights he should be able to help you .