VVT help

Hammy999

Reaction score
Hi All

Am in the need of some help, is a long story but having put the new head on have had a major problem in that I have "burn't" a hole in the block. This has meant getting a new engine, I have a BAM engine head and block to replace my previous APY. My question concerns the VVT. Is there anything I need to do re the VVT and how much of a problem is it going to be. I really am looking for the quickest and simplest way of getting the car up and running again ideally without needing to split 2 engines.

Thank you for any help

Martin

...just re-read... you could also just leave the VVT unit in as its not connected and does the same job as the non VVT tensioner...

You will need to swap over the knock sensors and do an SAI delete as the BAM sensors (assuming they are still on the block) are different and the BAM head has no provision for SAI

The coolant hardline that runs under the inlet mani from the water pump to the heater matrix pipes... I think these are different on the BAM to the APY block so you may have to change these over to mate up with the hoses you have

<tuffty/>