2.0TDi forced air scoop

just017

Reaction score
Hey guys can anyone link me to an air scoop that wil fit under my bonnet?

Ive seen several for the 2.0 fsi etc but not listed as for the TDi. Is the room under the bonnet the same on both?

I'm looking for something similar to the Carbonio one for the fsi if that helps

Above is for fsi, but it looks like it may fit?

Bump anyone?

Or alternatively could anyone with the 2.0 FSi take a pic of under the bonnet for me.

Cheers

I think I saw an ad in performancevw mag that said the carbonio one fitted TDis but I'm not 100%

oright, i've emailed a few companies so just waiting for a reply

Boydie, do you recommend keeping all the current air feed then and just changing the filter? It looks like the current feed is very 'in-direct' if you know what i mean to what it could so easily be ie left down under round and back up again, when a scoop would be alot more direct from front to back

I did the research too about 2 years ago and didnt find anything conclusive to buy apart from a new panel filter

I was a member for SCN for a while as I wanted an derv ibiza cupra a few years back and based on their opinions (of who have a lot of tuned dervs) they all opt for the replacement panel filter - particularly Green!

Ok so i'm new to this, the panel thing is the only thing to change, and thats in the airbox. And you don't think making the air feed more direct will be much of a benefit?

I was a member for SCN for a while as I wanted an derv ibiza cupra a few years back and based on their opinions (of who have a lot of tuned dervs) they all opt for the replacement panel filter - particularly Green!

A jolly good bunch they are too, most people on there go for the Fabia Green Cotton Filter(£10 cheaper strangely yet the smae part) and a PD160 intake.

for the TDI A3 i would just look to fit a panel filter and remove any obstructions in the air flow.

I did the research too about 2 years ago and didnt find anything conclusive to buy apart from a new panel filter

Ahh the same Boydie!! I was a member on there a few years back too and remember you well, I had a Cordoba SX. Best forum i've been on to be honest, lots of tuning knowledge on there compared to the others. Briskoda is also quite good.

do any of them give a performance improvement with a tdi? or is it just sound?

On my Ibiza TDi it certainly felt like there was a slight difference in power but the Turbo certainly spooled up quicker and seemed to offer the power sooner in the rev range and a nicer tone to go with it.

Well ive decided to go with what Boydie said, Green panel filter and smooth the intake out on the airbox lid. Also similarly to what a friend has done on his Cupra R and see if a larger intake can be fitted, anything up to 4"

Anyone else doe this?

where'd you get the green panel filter, come on AJ fess up.

the green cotton online store usualy works out the cheeepist, have a look under other varients of the engine as there are sometimes discrepances price wise.

Well today i smoothed out the airbox (the lid of it). I havn't changed anything on the first intake section yet though (the part which is right up against the front bumper), however i think i will see what can be smoothed out on that, it looks a bit restrictive as it is.

just017, have you replaced the filter yet if so did you notice any difference?

As usual i have my stock airfilter box and filter in the garage if anyone want to do this mod without having to remove and refit the airbox on the same day.

just017, have you replaced the filter yet if so did you notice any difference?

Not yet, just the airbox this weekend and will be ordering the panel filter soon and will let you know whether its all in the mind or not lol

get some pictures up!

Will do Boydie, still needs a bit of touching up after the rough sand down but i will post before and after shots. And i gotta say, the amount of plastic that can be taken out from the inside thats not needed is more than i thought, mainly i think from where the lids to the airbox are injection moulded

bump on this badboy what were the results of your new filter? and PICS!!! lol