Revo remap on 2.0TFSI DSG!

Am I reading correctly? Did the Milltek exhaust reduce max torque?

20tfsi_torque.jpg

Yep I spotted that.

Absolute peak is slightly lower, but it holds on for longer with the milltek.

(thus giving better spread and higher peak BHP over the stock pipe)

yes, definitely more area under the curve, and most importantly, great breathing up top where it counts a lot.

heres a Impreza WR1 Power Graph

the Car cost 30K when New /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

rr_graph_866.jpg

Compare the Low Down Torque

155 LBS at 3000 RPM for WR1
vs

285 ! LBS at 3000 RPM for the Revo 2.0 Turbo

both engines are 2.0 Turbo.

But the WR1 has more power at the top end, probably a trade off which led to less torque lower down?

Looks good for the Audi against such an established engine as the subaru!

Little turbo= low to midrange power, big turbo= midrange to high rpm power, except! modern turbochargers are developing at a similar rate to engines, the very turbo laggy response of cars such as an old Saab turbo, or Porsche 911 ( early 3.0/3,3 turbo which gave a power curve like you had been hit up the ar*e by an inter city express train) are over, modern turbo engines have very little lag. I reckon if you put Mr Average in a 2.0T A3 he would'nt even be able to tell it was turbocharged (it's that good!!)

Jesus Christ .. Cheese & rice.....

The 2.0T is out of my mind quick when you open it up.... I think Optimax makes hell of a difference.

I was on a private track ahem. The next time I looked at my speedo I was doing 130 without realizing and the next bend came up very quick and very fast, abit to fast for my liking and has taught me my monthly lesson.

I can't imagine this thing revo'd, I bet it would be awesome but scary at the same time. The engine is such a peach and doesn't mind being rev'd the the redline and held there from what I can tell.

What are peoples opinions on the 2.0T.

Dave

It's nice, but I don't think it is amazingly quick. A guy is a Volvo Coupe T5 tried to lose me up a dual carrigeway last night and at first did pull away, but I soon caught up. I think with a extra 50Bhp it will be just right..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I had a very similar thing Sunday with a birdy in a CLK 350, the two cars were still neck and neck, side by side with us both laughing at (on a private road of course!) well the other side of 120, I was thinking "this time next week" it would be "bye bye birdy!" yep, 50 more ponies would/will be very nice thank-you.

This is a great 2.0T thread - not about diesels for a change!

The revo code I have is set for 98ron fuel. I had used only optimax for the last few weeks and its great.

I filled up today with BP Ultimate 97ron and really took the edge off the performance, should have tried £10 worth instead of £45!

Right who wants to come with me to ADS in preston to see Dave Massey for a REVO remap.

Ive already organised a date for just after christmas, he has also agreed if I can get more people he will drop the price down for us.

Message here if you want some info.

Regards David Mann.

Note: the New SPS devices will be here just for crimbo time.

[ QUOTE ]
Right who wants to come with me to ADS in preston to see Dave Massey for a REVO remap.

Ive already organised a date for just after christmas, he has also agreed if I can get more people he will drop the price down for us.

Message here if you want some info.

Regards David Mann.

Note: the New SPS devices will be here just for crimbo time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm, I was going to ring him in the morning, and go in the afternoon, how much cheaper do you reckon? and when?

[ QUOTE ]

Am I reading correctly? Did the Milltek exhaust reduce max torque?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust you to spot that Ben.

Open systems tend to improve flow rate at the expense of scavenging (not back pressure as commonly believed), hence the reduction in torque lower down the rev range. (Scavenging is essentially a process where an exhaust system is tuned to ensure that reflected pulses return back down the exhaust and hit the engine just as the exhaust valves are opening, "dragging" the exhaust mix out of the engine and improving conditions for the incoming charge).

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great 2.0T thread - not about diesels for a change!

[/ QUOTE ]

Diesels being more fun I suppose? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

He said group discount to us would be available. So we have a total of 3 maybes's so far....Could be a meet....

Dave.

Ill give him another bell....