2.0tdi HELP!!!!!!

Ade6

Reaction score
I have posted this before with no luck! My car (a3 2.0tdi bkd) when tiking over sounds fine but when i rev/blip the throtle there is a noise which is hard to describe! Like a high pitch chain rattle! I thought it could b the clutch pully in the alternator but when i took the aux belt off and tried it the noise was still there! It apearts to be coming from down that aeria by the crank pully! It sounds like you have left a nut and washer loose and the washer is ratlig around! I thought it could be the turbo untill i read of the oil pump falure stories! Could this be my issue? The noise is not there thru the revs constantly only when reving up you will hear it once an when reving down! Im now dreding driving the car incase its the oil pump/chain! Any. Help please??

if the noise is down near the crank pulley then it could be oil pump chain/pulley
you need to get it looked at quickly as if its the chain it can burst through the side of the engine

How big a job is it to replace? And how mutch?

Lisning again it seems to be coming from the back! Near the turbo! Turbo pulls well tho with no exess smoke..... Any ideas?

does it go away when the clutch pedal is pushed?

No its the same! But i cant hear it when im driving and put the clutch in and rev it! But i can when stood stilll!