a3 2.0tdi 170 help?

alex-94

Reaction score
Hello guys

I'm looking to go for a stage 1 or 2 remap on my 2007 2.0tdi 170 sportback.

What upgrades do I need to do to keep my engine strong and healthy for the stage 2 map so she doesn't break down or start to die on me? Current milage 58k.

Also looking to get-
•Hubcentric wheel spacers
•lowering springs
•exughst

But not sure how low to go and what mm spacers to get. Any help is appreciated. Here is my audi.

Attachments

• 1437224302449.jpg
    1437224302449.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 158
Stage 1 is a map with all standard bits. You can get the dpf deleted and the map patched at the same time

Click my link i have 20mm spacers and lowering springs

Last edited:
No point doing stage 1 map. Blank the EGR, gut the DPF and pay for the custom map just the once. @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. or @Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps can write you a custom map and are forum sponsors.

hub centric spacers I think the norm is 12mm rear and 10mm front, or it is 10mm rear and 8mm front, either way @DPM can supply those as well as lowering springs and dampers.

@NHN is the main geezer (cockey accent) for anything OEM retrofits in terms of technology. For example my car he's done bluetooth and cruise control amongst other things.

I can help with anything audio wise if you get stuck in that area :)

Thanks for the help

Ok so stage 2 it is.. would I have to change anything major to keep my engine safe? Like bigger injects,flywheels,clutches,gear box? I'm not a macanic or anything lol so I don't know.

For springs and spaces I have been emailing dpm back and forth but got stuck because I don't know my ET numbers for my wheels? Do I have to look on the inside of the rim to find it or any other way of finding it out?

So i put a after market pioneer touch screen in my car works fine and everything (dab signal terrible) but it's making a wizing noise and when the revs go up the noise sounds like it's revving with the car lol?

I've been looking into revo maps aswell.

Thanks

You don't need anything for stage 2, stock everything will be fine. If you clutch or flywheel are on their way out anyway then they may fail sooner but that's true of a stage 1 map as well.

Yes you need to look on the inside of the rim. It takes 10 min to whip one off and check and put it back...

You have a ground issue... Double check everything, pioneer units are very sensitive compared to say alpine. Be careful not to blow the earth tracks otherwise it's just an expensive paper weight.

Forget revo maps, go for a custom map written to your car, that's the best one to have. P

That's helped me out a lot thanks :)

Do you know about changing headlights and rear lights? I heard some times its not just a straight swap & that I may need more plugs and connectors.

Do you know of anyone on this site nearish bournemouth to do a custom map?

@NHN does all the retrofitting so will be able to supply and fit oem lighting options.

No sorry I'm in yorkshire...