Advisce on Devil Eye DRL's for Audi A3

JRock247

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just found some 'Devil Eye' DRL lights for my 2006 Audi A3 S-Line at a good price. Has anyone had experience with Devil Eye lights before, if so, what are your opinions?

I have heard both good and bad about these lights. Some people say they DRL bit is rubbish and can hardly be seen and others say they are great and work really well in both day/night.

Advice please guys.

Thanks

I had these lights on my car but took them off over winter due to not having great light output from the projector set up. I'd have these as summer lights.
The DRLs were smart thoug, good at night.
photo.jpg

I'd like some led drls but my standard lights are xenon so I don't want to be changing the clusters

I had these lights on my car but took them off over winter due to not having great light output from the projector set up. I'd have these as summer lights.
The DRLs were smart thoug, good at night.
photo.jpg

They do look good but I'm concerned with the low light output issue!? Are they a big difference over standard lights?

I do prefer Xenon's as they give a much better output but like the DRL's too!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................?

So thats the exact lights ?

Hard to see as they are glaring, but how far apart are the leds ? Some look cack when they are spaced too far.

Shame theres nothing that looks anywhere close to oem. Man i love the oem stuff, with the line silhouette thing.

Been meaning to reply on here.
the light output is a bit worse than standerd but like I said due to the projector and bulb set up. There are good in the day light but not as bright as the facelift LEDs
The LEDs are well spaced in my opinion.
5D83FF3F-C1D1-46D6-B080-26C637922984-2558-000003B01D6E484C_zps1e1dbf3a.jpg

Been meaning to reply on here.
the light output is a bit worse than standerd but like I said due to the projector and bulb set up. There are good in the day light but not as bright as the facelift LEDs
The LEDs are well spaced in my opinion.
5D83FF3F-C1D1-46D6-B080-26C637922984-2558-000003B01D6E484C_zps1e1dbf3a.jpg

If one was to buy these headlights and fit a hid kit ( one that guarantees no wiper motor burning out, around 150-160 quid though!) , do you think the output will be good? Better than reflector halogen?

But saying that, the headlights plus hid kit, might aswell go oem, but then you wouldn't have led DRL

I had no probs with both sets of mine on the A3 & A4. Purchased from 2xcite. Very easy to fit without bumper removal and both sets had hids installed on them until the ones on the A3 blee the wiper motor. Worked just as well with pure white lamps

I'm not certain, but my S3 is a 8P1 and has adaptive bi-xenons.
Is there anything like this which can run with the adaptive setup etc?

Sorry for my terminology this sort of stuff if past my knowledge.

Hmm I'm tempted, is there a fix for this yet? Can you give the lamps there own earth?

Hi Mike,

There is a FIX about the Wiper Motor problem for a while.

My name is Daniel & I work for welldonehid.com, company that solved this problem around 2008.
This HIDs are very popular on Audi forums in Spain, having made many group buys.
(because of the language barrier seems to be something unknown on english forums)

Recently some people in Canada & US have been testing this HIDs & some comments can be found on VWVortex forums and others.
Also including some users in audi-sport.net like A3LMM.

Audi A38P - Well-Done

Been using them for a year now, garunteed not to blow wiper motor. when your MOT is due pop them out and replace with halagens. simple

We had installed HID on this H7 Depo headlights & many other like the H9 Dayline ("bixenon") headlights for Audi A3 8P.
To install HID on this Depo headlights you will need a metal ring to hold the H7 HID bulb in the headlight.

If you have any question I´d be willing to provide more info about it.

Last edited: