LANDSCAPES

Simply stunning Jack x

Reactions: Jake 61
Thanks for that mate. Me and the missus like the area very much so I get a lot of ideas from your pics.

Simply stunning Jack x

Thanks Sandra. x

Thanks for that mate. Me and the missus like the area very much so I get a lot of ideas from your pics.

I'm glad to be of help mate, but seriously, this is a road and view, that everyone should experience at least once in a lifetime. Also, the Applecross Inn does superb seafood caught locally, (if you need any more persuading)...!

Reactions: Sandra and hendrix1963
I'll do that @Ghost, there's another thread I hadn't seen since joining the forum.
Any photos that I post on here are firstly a great drive and secondly, very photogenic.

It's only right that I should share the info.

Reactions: Ghost
Whitstable looking at the storm gathering over the Isle of Sheppy

Whitstable again, some boats and trailing edge of storm clouds.

Looking out at the Thames Estuary towards the North Sea with the storm over the wind farm and Maunsell forts. (Nicked by the BBC for its Weather Page).

Reactions: Ghost, DarkBunny, hendrix1963 and 2 others
This road was used by Top Gear magazine this month for testing hot hatches.

I had another trip to Skye this week, specifically, to try and catch the sunset at a village on the West coast called Elgol. It didn't work out as I'd hoped due to low cloud. I was trying to catch the sun setting against the Cuillins but, no joy, got this one though, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

For anyone travelling there, head for Broadford on the A87 and take a left at the main car park. From there, follow the B8083 for 15 miles. The last mile down to the jetty is very steep and the B8083 is not the best of roads, worth it when you get there, as the view of the Cuillins from Elgol is fantastic.

Reactions: QuattroCalum, markos72, hendrix1963 and 1 other person
Aurora shot from last night. Just had time to pull in and throw the camera at the tripod. What a display. (Apologies for the filthy marks on the sensor, getting cleaned tomorrow).

More tonight as well for those who have clear skies. @Ghost

Reactions: 45bvtc, Ghost, Nilz and 6 others
Absolutely stunning Jack!!!!

We had some down our way but nothing like that, I think I need to move up there!!

Could barely make the Aurora out,just too much light pollution.20 min drive or so and I would have been in completely dark area,but youngest has been off school ill all week and didnt want to leave missus with her.

Absolutely stunning Jack!!!!

We had some down our way but nothing like that, I think I need to move up there!!
Thanks Andy. This was by far the best display I have seen in years, dancing across the sky and changing all the time. There was an Australian guy beside us, who had never seen the Aurora before and the gasps and noises coming out of him was as impressive as the light show...!

Cracking shot. I've only ever seen it once and I didn't have the camera with me.

Thanks Phil. I always check the Ovation website before I go out, just to make sure it's worth it.

Could barely make the Aurora out,just too much light pollution.20 min drive or so and I would have been in completely dark area,but youngest has been off school ill all week and didnt want to leave missus with her.

This was so bright that the lights further down didn't affect the shot too much.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Fantastic photo @Jake 61 iv not seen the Aurora before, and I think if I did I be making more gasps and noises than the Australian guy lol

I think
@Nilz would like to see this too

Reactions: Nilz and Jake 61
Fantastic photo @Jake 61 iv not seen the Aurora before, and I think if I did I be making more gasps and noises than the Australian guy lol

I think
@Nilz would like to see this too

Thanks @Ghost I did try and tag @Nilz but it didn't work and I removed it.
I'm keeping an eye on the Auroral Oval, http://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/auroral-activity/auroral-oval website for what's happening tonight but I don't expect to see much better than last week for a long time to come, it was spectacular.

Reactions: Nilz and Ghost
Amazing pictures @Jake 61 and @Ghost, I would love to see the northern lights but I don't think that will ever happen in Birmingham!!

Thanks @Nilz. I suppose the trade off for me is scraping frost and ice off the windscreen for the last two mornings, where you lads get more temperate weather. Starting to have a right winter feel at nights now, hence the good light shows.

Some excellent pictures here! Thought I'd give this thread a wee bump and add some of mine

Attachments

• DSCF0238_zpsmynsstgv.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCF0641_zpssbbjtu4t.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 285
  • DSCF5341-2_zpsi8nr8hqq.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 269
Reactions: Andyb5tdi, Happy Grumpz, DarkBunny and 4 others
Cracking images Clone!!..

Found another of mine from a shoot at Monikie Country Park just outside Dundee wee while ago.

Reactions: Artimus, Ghost and Jake 61
Bring on the clouds....

Reactions: QuattroCalum, 45bvtc, Andyb5tdi and 4 others
La Palma caldera ...and Yes, those are clouds floating across the pictures at eye level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost, Jake 61, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
More from La Palma, Canaries.

Impressive root system...

A wider view...

it's a loooong way down...

Reactions: Ghost and Jake 61
Some stunning inages there mate! Also just had a look on your Flickr page. Awesome!! Topnotch photos bud.
How do you find the Sig 150-600? Have been thinking on getting a big zoom like this for a while? !

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
Some stunning inages there mate! Also just had a look on your Flickr page. Awesome!! Topnotch photos bud.
How do you find the Sig 150-600? Have been thinking on getting a big zoom like this for a while? !

Thanks

The Sigma??? I'm possibly the wrong (or maybe right) person to ask...

They're ****** dreadful! Or at least mine was. Subjects under 15 meters are fine and it'll produce a nice sharp images, past that distance, good luck! Mine was eventually sent back to Sigma, the couldn't find a fault but recalibrated it, which made zero difference.

I was told from the camera shop that 'this is to be expected from such a lens', I called BS and demanded my money back.

I think Sigma have a big problem with quality control.

I put the extra towards the Canon 100-400 Mk2, which was money well spent, it's head and shoulders better than the Sigma.

Reactions: Jake 61, Ghost and AndyB-S3
Couple of pics of recent trip to Iceland... first time I've seen Northern Lights, stunning.... not a bad shot for a £250 point and shoot camera I thought.

Reactions: Jake 61, Ghost, Sandra and 1 other person
Know i'm lucky to have seen them on first attempt. Mate of mine has been 4 times to Iceland and never seen them....

Reactions: Ghost and Sandra
You have to keep an eye on sites like Auroral Oval, to see when the activity makes it worth going out and standing in the cold. It's always worth it by the way. https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/auroral-activity/auroral-oval
Caught this one last month on the way home from work. There was no need to check activity, it just fired up and went haywire.

Last edited:
Reactions: <tuffty/>, Happy Grumpz, Sandra and 1 other person
Some really nice images on here...

Here are a couple of my meager efforts

<tuffty/>

Reactions: QuattroCalum, Ghost, Jake 61 and 4 others
@<tuffty/> excellent pics Paul. Nice to see you down this section. Keep the pics coming. x

Reactions: Jake 61 and <tuffty/>
Some cool pictures on here, I'm certainly no photographer just an iPhone snapper lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andyb5tdi, Ghost, Jake 61 and 1 other person