is my s3 overpriced?

M12RJX

Reaction score
i have put my s3 up for sale only on here and gumtree..only had a few calls most being time wasters just wondered if the price i have put it up for is realistic? or is it to high? or should i put it on autotrader to create more intrest?

if anyone has had a look at my add please let me know what you think. thank you..:)

Classifieds: AUDI S3 8L £3300

Nope i think its very reasonable.

S3's are selling for more with a lot higher mileage!

Thank you thats what i thought...think i may just have to wait for the right person to come along!

Yup you will always get chancers that try and make you feel you have incorrectly priced your car. Same happened to me when i was selling my BMW, a guy offered me about half what i asked and said thats the most i'd get, i waited a week longer and got my asking price! SCORE!

GLWS :thumbsup:

lol ha yes iv had too many of them. if anything im having people tryna part ex with me to lol but id prefer the cash. just gota play the waiting game just dont know wether i should put it up on autotrder as its like £40 to advertise for 2 weeks only!

Price is good. I'd forget gumtree and use ebay classified.

Sort out your photos, they're tiny and there ain't that many of them.

Lots of detail but I'd reword your ad , correct the spelling mistakes, use captials and punctuation.

HTH Liam

ye i think il give ebay a go before i go to autotrader/pistonheads. the photos are big? they come up big when viewing them on different pcs. and yes il give my add a few spellchecks lol

like omg price is well wrong. id give you like a 50 quid for it...

but really good price and good luck with the sale. :laugh:

Well it's priced cheaper than mine! Used AUDI A3 S3 QUATTRO 2002 inc. OEM Sat Nav and Pr... for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1136976)

I think people will pay a premium for a decent spec and one that's been looked after, these cars can be money pits otherwise. I've spent over £2k on mine over the last year and I know I will never see that back! I've put mine up for £4950 knowing full well I will get bid down...

Good luck with your sale!

i know exactly what you mean mate! thats the ****** things with cars never get back what we put in:( luckily this car has been running well and has been well looked after so iv not had to dish out to much except for standard running costs and maintenance. just a case of waiting for the right person to come along who will appreciate a well looked after car!

Thought you were keeping the car??

Now whats happened? LOL

Thought you were keeping the car??

Now whats happened? LOL[/

lol i was but for a few personal reasons iv decided to sell up. Nothing wrong with my car just feel like i fancy a chAnge iv had like 4 diff cars in the pass 2 years lol see what happens

LOL...well good luck with the sale mate :)

Get better pictures done,I know if I was selling I'd get a stack of pics

Personal preference but the window tints put me off this car, looks a bit boy racerish with them. With them out I think the car would look more OEM and attract a wider field of potential buyers.

Personal preference but the window tints put me off this car, looks a bit boy racerish with them. With them out I think the car would look more OEM and attract a wider field of potential buyers.

Hmm true i can see where your comming from. I paid £90 for the tints so i thought id leave them on and mention they can be removed if requested.plus they help when my childs in the car. Wating for weather to pick up and il get some better pics up

Hi

Maybe mention in the advert that the tints can be easily removed. Do you have any before pics?

Also maybe remove the "service due at 108k" bit and put : next service due in 8,000 miles.

I think you need way more photos which are:
- rotated properly.
- bigger/higher resolution.
- in the right light to show off the paint work, needs to look more glossy. Give it some proper TLC with decent waxes. (go look in the detailng section of the forum) I like the picture in the indoor car park.
- showing off the leather. It looks a bit faded in the single internal pic. Maybe give the leather a decent leather treatment.

Pictures I'd include: Centre console, Dash display, Back seats, Front Seats, Boot, Engine bay, brakes, wheels, Tyres.

It looks like a good car at a good price so you just need to wait for someone who looking for that colour combo.

Liam

Thanks for the pointers. Going to wait for weather to pick up go get it cleaned inside out and upload better pics with a better backgroud to and detail the add bit more. Watch this space