A3 3.2 V6's

Y

Yohan87

Hello,

Looking for an upgrade to my old Bora 1.8T and the A3 3.2 has caught my eye..seems like a sleeper version of the Mk5 R32.

Just looking for some advice on the following things: -

1.What to look out for/common issues/recalls?

2.What features/options/trim level are desirable?

3. Should I go for manual or dsg?

I wouldn't be buying it for outright performance, just a reliable A-roader that can bring a smile to my face and handles well on b-roads.

Thanks in advance.

I've had my 56 plate S-Line for a year now and love it,not had any issues tbh.MPG about 28-29 for me,but I don't loon about the place like an eejit.
Mine's is the manual and I've never driven the DSG so cant compare(I know,no help whatsoever lol)
Willow's Dad might be worth a pm,and I'm sure others will pop along to give advice.

Thanks Markos.

Not bothered about the MPG, the Bora isn't that much higher :)

If you're ever near Heathrow you can have a play with mine, I've had over 60 cars and
so chuffed, just the amount of torque it had makes driving a pleasure. I have a manual too so can't comment on dsg, dsg looks awesome but it's always going to be manual for me.

Another manual here, and I love mine too. Mpg is horrid around town, I average anywhere from 18 to low 20's, not bad on long runs though. Mine has the sline package, but they didn't make an actual sline until the single grill version. Pre 2006 is cheaper road tax. There's plenty of threads on here about the cam chain stretch issues, and what to look out for. Also look out for the revs jumping when you try and hold them around 2k, an easy fix but it's nice if its not there in the first place. Anyone with dsg seems to like it and I haven't heard anything bad about them. All in all an absolute pleasure to own and drive.