Car keeps going in and out of limp mode

Monsoon

Reaction score
Please help! 2 weeks ago my A3 2.0 FSi auto kept going in and out of limp mode and the emission warning light eventually came on. A trip to Audi, and £340 later, they changed the n80 valve. The Car has been fine since, until today when it's started going into and out of limp mode again - this time with no warning lights on the dash. Any ideas (esepcially how to avoid another trip to the Audi garage!)

It needs properly logging with vcds to ascertain what the cause it, I maybe up that way soon.

Please help! 2 weeks ago my A3 2.0 FSi auto kept going in and out of limp mode and the emission warning light eventually came on. A trip to Audi, and £340 later, they changed the n80 valve. The Car has been fine since, until today when it's started going into and out of limp mode again - this time with no warning lights on the dash. Any ideas (esepcially how to avoid another trip to the Audi garage!)

Just in case you didn't know, all repair work is guaranteed for ( I think ) 12 months parts and labour so if you asked them to fix the problem ( as distinct from telling them to replace the n80 ) then it's up to them to sort it. If they subsequently find that it's something else and not the n80 get them to deduct the £340 from any new bill you might get landed with !

On the other hand, just wait for NHN to sort it !!

Thanks both. The same Audi garage have agreed to look at it first thing tomorrow while I wait - I don't they dare argued when I asked for this! As for cost, I'll see what they find and stand my ground if necessary. May well be in touch soon though NHN.

Ok, I took the car to Audi this morning and they have found an intermittent pressure sensor fault (P019100 fuel rail pressure sensor "A" circuit", implausible signal). However, they say the cause of this could be any number of things, suggesting most likely:
- the egr valve
- Valve 06F 131 547
- High pressure sesnor
- Pressure sensor
- Pressure relief valve

I got them to open up the egr whilst I was there and it was fine so that one is ruled out. But they say that to test everything else will be a big big diagnosis job, with no guarantee of finding the fault.

The car ran fine to the garage this morning, and whilst at the garage. Typically it kicked into limp mode (again for a just few seconds) on the journey home.

I'm at a loss to know what to do really, as Audi admit they're stumped too. To be fair to them there was no charge for their investigations this morning and I had a long chat with one of the technician's directly who seemed quite knowledgeable. I've booked it in for two days next week but am already fearing the bill.

Any further suggestions would be really appreciated. Am I being taken for a ride by the garage?