2 din Head unit for A4 DTM (upgrade advice)

craichouse

Reaction score
In my 2005 A4 DTM i have a BOSE symphony double din unit, i need to replace it, it has something call a tape drive and i don't know what to do with it. :readit:

what are my options in a replacement?
i was looking at the Audi A4 S4 RS4 - RNS-E Navigation Unit

what have you guys got? any recommendations?
alpine, pioneer?

RNS-E is a good upgrade, but pricey. Aftermarket from a reputable manufacturer will not fill dash correctly and will require faceplate adaptors. Cheap Chinese units will give most bang-for-buck but quality will suffer, they will however fit in the dash correctly.

Search for RNS-E or Headunit and look through threads for your options

Welcome to the forum Craic

TBH as said above, rns-e is the best option for look, fit & interactivity with existing systems.

I supply/fit these for forum members all the time, give me a shout via PM if you're interested :)

cheers for the offer NHN but unless you are willing to travel to the west cost of Ireland i will be unable to avail of your services.

but cheers for the info, looks like rns-e is the one to get.

now the question is where? ebay or do you know a better place?

i have had these guys bookmarked for a while:
Audi A4 S4 RS4 - RNS-E Navigation Unit

eBay can be cheaper, but you get no warranty and you have to fit/code it yourself. Depends if you have the tools/knowledge on how to do it.

Not rocket science but not the same as it was in a 1989 Vauxhall Nova... (sadly)

I have one for sale if you are interested PM me. I recently upgraded to the LED version. (not sure it was worth it TBH) The RNS-e is the best way to go IMO as its totally stock looking and will work a treat with the BOSE system you have. I have Vag com and all the cables so it would be coded for your car before i send it. I have the code!

cheers for the offer NHN but unless you are willing to travel to the west cost of Ireland i will be unable to avail of your services.

Urm depends how far that is lol, whereabouts exactly, maybe someone we know in Ireland can assist you.

my standard HU died soon after i got it, i went for pioneer satnav / dvd / ipod etc etc with a connects2 adapter plate and loom that can be used with mfsw

A4DTM11113022.jpg