AHv2 FMIC How much did you pay?

*P3nfold*

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just looked at AH website and they have the v1 listed at £330, I've been given a price on the v2 and was wondering did you pay the same or did they do you a special price?

Hi guys,

Just looked at AH website and they have the v1 listed at £330, I've been given a price on the v2 and was wondering did you pay the same or did they do you a special price?

IIRC they are just over 400 quid inc VAT... you need to call them and ask for Lars as the V2 is not on the site for some random reason...

<tuffty/>

IIRC they are just over 400 quid inc VAT... you need to call them and ask for Lars as the V2 is not on the site for some random reason...

<tuffty/>

I emailed Lars today, I got a price circa 400 inc VAT & Delivery. Its quite expensive compared to Bills Toyosport special.

I emailed Lars today, I got a price circa 400 inc VAT & Delivery. Its quite expensive compared to Bills Toyosport special.

400 quid inc is a good price for that particular FMIC to be fair... stuff evolves and now Bill is modding the toyo coolers then it just gives more choice...

Wasn't an option Bill or I considered at the time I designed the V2 with AH...

<tuffty/>

Its good to have options lol

Just out of interest is there any disadvantages with having the ends at the top. Hot air rises and then then condenses right?

As we discussed Martin, the Wellycooler (Toyosports core) is a good option and with pipes comes in about £250.. Depends whether you want the hassle of sourcing all the bits and tweaking bits, or whether you want a complete kit. I have not seen a v2 up close so I don't know a lot about them, but I assume they are good quality.

Its good to have options lol

Just out of interest is there any disadvantages with having the ends at the top. Hot air rises and then then condenses right?

this would be 150'c hot air incoming - very high in moisture content then? :)
You get to keep your fog lamps with it inverted.. Cooler does'nt care which way is up, only which way is in and out.

Last edited:
As we discussed Martin, the Wellycooler (Toyosports core) is a good option and with pipes comes in about £250.. Depends whether you want the hassle of sourcing all the bits and tweaking bits, or whether you want a complete kit. I have not seen a v2 up close so I don't know a lot about them, but I assume they are good quality.

I am looking the pros and cons of both options. I will shortly make the right decision on what is best for setup based on cost vs performance.

I have used toyosport coolers before on my mk3 and in the end I decided that forge was the best option due to fitment and location. And more importantly AIT and flow. I've seen the difference first hand with Ben when we put the forge on, though the toyosport was really way to small tbh.

This is why I asked you and Bill on AIT results.

Its all about understanding for me. I dont simply do something.

this would be 150'c hot air incoming - very high in moisture content then? :p
You get to keep your fog lamps with it inverted.. Cooler does'nt care which way is up, only which way is in and out.

Cheers Bill, for both your feedback on here and facebook.

I am looking the pros and cons of both options. I will shortly make the right decision on what is best for setup based on cost vs performance.

I have used toyosport coolers before on my mk3 and in the end I decided that forge was the best option due to fitment and location. And more importantly AIT and flow. I've seen the difference first hand with Ben when we put the forge on, though the toyosport was really way to small tbh.

This is why I asked you and Bill on AIT results.

Its all about understanding for me. I dont simply do something.

You say Toyo like its a Single Size>??
Its a make, not a size of intercooler

forge make small coolers for some applications... does'nt make them bad, just the size not suited to the application if its mis-spec'd.. Same can happen on any make of cooler.

the toyo core we used used several times (on 400bhp+ installs running fairly high boosts) is the large "welly cooler" size, which is 600x300x76, repiped into 63mm alloy 90 outlets for S3 fitment. I also have used these on TT, Leon Cupra 180 with different "cow horn" alloy bends welded to them.. Same large bar/plate cooler..

Not yet seen any intercooler surpass the large Toyo one in pressure drop nor temps on the dyno as yet. Its a billy bargain of a thing.
Performance wise: AH V2 matched it, as did Forge Full Race for LCR.... they all worked as well as each other..

I dont know how they make them for the money they cost... They cool and flow well tho, I'll give them that.

seen your fmic on facebook bill - looks good!
Good idea flipping it too for better room!

Does the ah fabs one come with pipe work?

Bill - on the toyo one for the LCR, do u supply a list of pipe work required? I assume it'll be different to the few guides I've seen if its inverted

Does the ah fabs one come with pipe work?...

AH V2 is just the FMIC... the outlets are 63mm 90 deg bends
20110408_IMAG0672.jpg

<tuffty/>

Does the ah fabs one come with pipe work?

Bill - on the toyo one for the LCR, do u supply a list of pipe work required? I assume it'll be different to the few guides I've seen if its inverted
check my facebook page, there are pictures of it installed which show the pipes used.. I dont have a list of what was used currently.

Have you tested any other bay coolers?
I have been told the cores from the toyo ones are same as most big eBay items?
i only ask as I can get some coolers but don't see any point in using one that's either poor flow or paying more for the same item.

also bill, would there be any benefit to modifying the end tanks themselves to reduce the angle of the bend that's welded to it?

i remember reading when I was looking at my fmic set up to keep the angle of the bends as low as possible?

Have you tested any other bay coolers?
I have been told the cores from the toyo ones are same as most big eBay items?
i only ask as I can get some coolers but don't see any point in using one that's either poor flow or paying more for the same item.

also bill, would there be any benefit to modifying the end tanks themselves to reduce the angle of the bend that's welded to it?

i remember reading when I was looking at my fmic set up to keep the angle of the bends as low as possible?

many sellers on the bay sell the same looking core.. same factory churning them out no doubt.
the ones i use so far have seemed to be the same core physically, but logo'd differently.

Its a large core, works well when tested on several high power cars, good flow, good cooling, low pressure drop... all tested.. I have no desire to look for another core..

Pipe configuration differs between installs and applications. The S3 ones who want to retain fogs, the "gringo" one ticks that box. Not measurable flow/pressure difference seen on this to the 45' bends I weld to LC/TT install versions..

I'm sold Bill cost vs performance box ticked. Just need to work out what piping I need and its good to go.

If this is as good as the ah fabs v2 you may have twisted my arm :-D