Throttle body cleaning BAM

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning gents. Merry crimbo to you all :D

Few days off (lucky me!) so of course the S3 is getting some attention!

Quick question; found this guide;

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/127279/857711.aspx#857711

I've stupidly left my VCDS cable in London - is there another way to realign the TB? And is it ok to manually move the butterfly valve on my BAM 225 when cleaning?

Cheers!

I just disconnected the Battery before disconnecting the TB. Put back together and everything was running sweet when put back together.

I just opened mine and cleaned it. Did the accelerator reset thing and it works a treat! Then again, I was on the m6 hard shoulder lol

did you literally disconnect the battery, take the tb off, clean it, refit the battery and it was ok? I wanna give mine a clean that's all. cheers.

thought it automatically calibrated it self with a bit of driving time?

I didnt disconnect the battery when i cleaned mine i just took it off gave it clean till it was shiney and refitted. You can here the TB re allign itself but i did mine using VCDS.

Morning gents. Merry crimbo to you all :D

Few days off (lucky me!) so of course the S3 is getting some attention!

Quick question; found this guide;

How to : Clean your throttle body - uk-mkivs

I've stupidly left my VCDS cable in London - is there another way to realign the TB? And is it ok to manually move the butterfly valve on my BAM 225 when cleaning?

Cheers!

I've read that disconnecting the battery and then leaving the ignition on for 30 seconds can do it but i think the only 100% way is using vagcom.

what happens if you dont disconnect the battery? i did mine without knowing this but i havnt noticed any difference.