Clutch / gearbox issues

Grale1

Reaction score
Hi, before I make a final decision on breaking my car or selling it as is I thought I'd just ask this question on here.

so Friday night driving my car I noticed that when I put the clutch pedal down that I felt a vibration, the only way I can describe it was like a spinning metal on metal though the pedal and if I pressed the pedal that little bit more it would then also have a noise there.

now I have taken the car to a garage as I don't want to take the chance of driving it again, the clutch doesn't slip and it does change gear fine. Do you guys think from my very brief description could any shed any light on wheat her its a clutch problem or gearbox issue, anyone had a similar problem?

This could determine weather I keep it or break/ sell as is

Hi, before I make a final decision on breaking my car or selling it as is I thought I'd just ask this question on here.

so Friday night driving my car I noticed that when I put the clutch pedal down that I felt a vibration, the only way I can describe it was like a spinning metal on metal though the pedal and if I pressed the pedal that little bit more it would then also have a noise there.

now I have taken the car to a garage as I don't want to take the chance of driving it again, the clutch doesn't slip and it does change gear fine. Do you guys think from my very brief description could any shed any light on wheat her its a clutch problem or gearbox issue, anyone had a similar problem?

This could determine weather I keep it or break/ sell as is

Hi mine does a similar thing not as bad but my clutch also slips and my mate said I could be the dual mass fly wheel?

My clutch isn't slipping at the moment, if it were the clutch then I'd probs have it done in the new year, just can't remember the single mass fly wheel conversion most go for

I would bother because like most people I get annoyed and make rash choices sometimes, if it just needed a clutch then I'd have it done after Christmas, I'm not sure how safe it is to drive it to a garage to see what it is. Clutch or gearbox

Took it to an independent audi guy today he said its the clutch starting to go, he quoted me £400 for the job is that a good price?

Took it to an independent audi guy today he said its the clutch starting to go, he quoted me £400 for the job is that a good price?
Seems very cheap just search the threads on here and see what people have been quoted in the past
my mate is doing mine for £350 for the clutch and £600 if it needs the dmf. But that's mates rates but I was under the impression the the dual mass normally needs replacing at the same time as the clutch I'm sure some one will correct me if I'm wrong?was that price for the clutch only?

The dmf and clutch and release bearing is 310 from gsf, the guy I went to had the car for the afternoon, and then when I went back said to do the job would be £400 all in. I can get parts at cost from a mate who deals with car part place like camberly autos etc