Turbo 3.0tdi

170sam

Reaction score
Hi all I've got a 2.0tdi 170 and I'm going to start a build thread I've already fitted a full milltek with dpf pipe . Now is for a new turbo which is off a q7 3.0tdi with custom manifold and down pipe and custom intercooler pipe work should about 250 -260 bhp

Sounds like it ought to be a very fast soot chucker! Haha

:sign_pics:

Hi all I've got a 2.0tdi 170 and I'm going to start a build thread I've already fitted a full milltek with dpf pipe . Now is for a new turbo which is off a q7 3.0tdi with custom manifold and down pipe and custom intercooler pipe work should about 250 -260 bhp
Are you fitting darkside developements gtb turbo kit & manifold, or are you doing it yourself ?
im really interested to find out how the electronic actuator is replaced by the vacuum one :)

Are you fitting darkside developements gtb turbo kit & manifold, or are you doing it yourself ?
im really interested to find out how the electronic actuator is replaced by the vacuum one :)

The manifold will be there's buy the turbo I've got myself so just some of there bits to do it all . The turbo actuator will be replaced by them but the rest I will fit my as been a tech at audi
Ps it is just front wheel drive :) .

Nice! I assumed all 170 were quattro for some reason.

dcraM.gif

I suppose it isn't much more than the stock 3.0 in all fairness. If you had the exhaust, turbo upgrade, FMIC on the 3.0 I'm sure that you'd be seeing close to 330 or so with mountains of torque.

Yeah, would love to see the dyno printout after it's all finished for sure! :)

Cheers lads yea it should be a good project I've got the turbo just need to send it off to be hybrid and converted into vac act then get the manifold and intercooler pipe work , then we should be away

i don't see how an exhaust, turbo and ic pipework can see more power than a stock 3.0?
I suppose it isn't much more than the stock 3.0 in all fairness. If you had the exhaust, turbo upgrade, FMIC on the 3.0 I'm sure that you'd be seeing close to 330 or so with mountains of torque.
so +101bhp???? the 3.0 is 229 stock
It wont reach beyond 230-240 MAX with stock injectors!! injectors will be the biggest factor for upping power (besides turbo), stock injectors are good for up to 230 bhp, after that, high flow injectors are required,stock intercooler is also very good for 300 bhp ish,
Im not sure if you have bosch or seimens injectors,
seimens ones are EXPENSIVE :(
As you will be spending a few shillings 4-500 hundred quid will be well spent on an s3 intercooler and solid pipework :)
this will be a great project and i shall be subscribing:friends: